• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

Chekhov's Balloon

We were lovers
Validated User
Considering her previous fight, I actually wonder what kind of shounen-style rapid battlefield enlightenment Allison will have to go through because otherwise, she will not do well at all against a field of elite multiversal budoka.

Vault Dweller

Bard of Hope
Validated User
Considering her previous fight, I actually wonder what kind of shounen-style rapid battlefield enlightenment Allison will have to go through because otherwise, she will not do well at all against a field of elite multiversal budoka.
Remember, Incubus has been training her, in dreams. I suspect she will start doing better once she heeds his lessons and begins fighting like a Key-bearing demiurge, rather than a "mere" human student of angelic martial arts.

Last edited:

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Remember, Incubus has been training her, in dreams. I suspect she will start doing better once she heeds his lessons and begins fighting like a Key-bearing demiurge, rather than a "mere" human student of angelic martial arts.
Of course, then she announces that she has the Key and then things will go really wrong.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Of course, then she announces that she has the Key and then things will go really wrong.
I don't know; I don't think that anybody is going to violate the rules of the tournament under the eyes of Solomon, so it's not going to change the format to one in which people try to mob her. Solomon might well know she's already here, and of course Gog-Agog definitely does because that's the point.

And hell, somewhere around a hundred participants already know about Allison and her Key, I think there are pretty good odds that her first match would have prompted approximately the same reaction as Eres.

So what would it change?

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
Yeah, at some point that angel-helmet-sparring-hat-thingie is going to come off and the key will be revealed. Then shit will go down. To me this seems equivalent to showing up at Mottom's palace and breaking into Mammon's vault. Solomon and Ali are going to have some sort of words soon, and things will go distinctly sideways I expect.

I'm interested to see where it goes.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Yeah, at some point that angel-helmet-sparring-hat-thingie
You mean her headgear?

Aesthete said:
is going to come off and the key will be revealed. Then shit will go down.
She's already engaged in a tournament in which combatants are permitted to fight to the death, where her matches are being set by Gog-Agog. How much more down could stuff go?

Isator Levie

Validated User
Are you proposing that Mottom is going to lead an army into the heart of Solomon's domain or the entrants are going to abandon the rules and converge on her under the Paternum's stern gaze or what?

And doing the same thing all over again seems a bit repetitive.

The conflicts that play out at the end of each of these books tend to play off of the hang-ups and weaknesses of the demiurge in question; that battle was less about Allison than it was about Mammon's Tower being breached.

Solomon runs a very tight ship; too tight. A battle of that kind does not feel resonant.

Solomon wants somebody to be worthy of taking his place governing the Celestial Empire. I propose that the trajectory of the conflict will be Solomon observing Allison's skill and thinking that she might actually be worthy as an heir to his throne, and then being shocked to his Diamond core when she refuses.

ESkemp

Validated User
I think that was less a literal suggestion of "the same thing will happen again" and more of an example of "things can always escalate far beyond the original scenario."

Top Bottom