• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Are you proposing that Mottom is going to lead an army into the heart of Solomon's domain or the entrants are going to abandon the rules and converge on her under the Paternum's stern gaze or what?
Not precisely that, but I certainly wouldn't bet against even greater escalation in this comic.

Solomon runs a very tight ship; too tight. A battle of that kind does not feel resonant.

Solomon wants somebody to be worthy of taking his place governing the Celestial Empire. I propose that the trajectory of the conflict will be Solomon observing Allison's skill and thinking that she might actually be worthy as an heir to his throne, and then being shocked to his Diamond core when she refuses.
Solomon prides himself on being in control. But if the tournament becomes too chaotic, where is his control then?

Lots of people in the tournament might see the Master Key as a greater price than whatever Solomon can offer - which just adds further injury to his pride.

Aesthete

A for Aeffort
Validated User
Are you proposing that Mottom is going to lead an army into the heart of Solomon's domain or the entrants are going to abandon the rules and converge on her under the Paternum's stern gaze or what?

And doing the same thing all over again seems a bit repetitive.

The conflicts that play out at the end of each of these books tend to play off of the hang-ups and weaknesses of the demiurge in question; that battle was less about Allison than it was about Mammon's Tower being breached.

Solomon runs a very tight ship; too tight. A battle of that kind does not feel resonant.

Solomon wants somebody to be worthy of taking his place governing the Celestial Empire. I propose that the trajectory of the conflict will be Solomon observing Allison's skill and thinking that she might actually be worthy as an heir to his throne, and then being shocked to his Diamond core when she refuses.
I expect that before the book is over, the demiurge of arrogance will find things spinning out of his control.

DrFaustus

Humanistic Infernalist
Validated User
I don't know; I don't think that anybody is going to violate the rules of the tournament under the eyes of Solomon, so it's not going to change the format to one in which people try to mob her. Solomon might well know she's already here, and of course Gog-Agog definitely does because that's the point.

And hell, somewhere around a hundred participants already know about Allison and her Key, I think there are pretty good odds that her first match would have prompted approximately the same reaction as Eres.

So what would it change?
She's been very clearly and consistently hiding the key since she got here. There's no reason, dramatically, for Abadon to have done that unless the key being revealed later is going to matter.

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
Could Alison be knocked out in the first round?

Or is this all an elaborate ruse, and all of the melodrama in the party has been mummery (which will be revealed in flashbacks) to fool anyone who might have been spying on them, and Cio is sneaking into Zaid's luxurious cell to snatch him away while Solomon's and Gog-Agog's (and our) attention is on Alison?

Isator Levie

Validated User
Lots of people in the tournament might see the Master Key as a greater price than whatever Solomon can offer - which just adds further injury to his pride.
I don't think that any of the pursuers know that the Master Key is a thing, rather than it just being another Magus Gate.

I think that by this point, the original model of seven deadly sins is something that the characterisation of the demiurges has moved beyond, and the themes are more strongly focused on their Divine Words.

Anyway, for today's entry, I appreciate being given a direct reference for what puresilver is and how it works after having spent so long needing to piece it together from half-remembered bits from the tumblr. From this, I'm taking it that bullets aren't quite as good as the needles when it comes to disrupting the Atum flow, but probably make up for it by being easier to use and maybe having a longer range. The impression I got from their effect on those devils is that they're distinctly good at penetrating and injuring the normally resilient devils compared to regular bullets, but lack the precision to sever their connection to their masks.

I'm wondering... Gog-Agog promised Allison that she would rig the brackets, but even assuming that was not a lie, I wonder if that Gog-Agog still exists, or if that instance actually did expire there and none of the others feel beholden to it.

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
Killing the messenger is usually taken as a refusal to deal, regardless of their group-mindedness. Why rig the games in order to get Alison through to the final, when Alison isn't of a mind to do what Gog-Agog wants?

Tambourine

Spirit Princess
Validated User
Gog-Agog never said that she would rig the brackets to make it easier for Allison, did she?
She might as well have rigged them for comedic/dramatic effect, or to push Allison towards an extreme reaction.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Killing the messenger is usually taken as a refusal to deal, regardless of their group-mindedness. Why rig the games in order to get Alison through to the final, when Alison isn't of a mind to do what Gog-Agog wants?
Allison didn't kill Gog-Agog, her Key just departed and she fell apart.

Gog-Agog presented Allison with a fact intended to entice her, and then left. She didn't even really seem to be offering to rig the brackets in her favour in exchange for anything, she just claimed that she'd do it. According to herself, what she wants is for Allison to get to the top and win, and her statements in that meeting were about making Allison want to do that as well. It's not a quid pro quo.

Top Bottom