• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

Jürgen Hubert

aka "Herr Doktor Hubert"
Validated User
Yeah, 's such a sudden shift that it made me realize, very consciously, that we haven't seen a blue sky in the comic in.... forever? Without checking, I don't think there ever was one. Just a black void
So presumably this isn't on Throne - but perhaps, his homeworld.

Brontes

Validated User
Huh, I get the sense that he only stops to admire the...construction project? The area where all the smoke is.

Isator Levie

Validated User
Yeah, 's such a sudden shift that it made me realize, very consciously, that we haven't seen a blue sky in the comic in.... forever? Without checking, I don't think there ever was one. Just a black void
The sky of Myksos, Nyave's homeworld, was overcast in the day time. We also saw a more blue sky in Maya's flashback to childhood, and I do believe that was supposed to take place in one of the zones of Throne that is lit by their immobile sun.

That being said, the contrast in both sky colour and ambiance here is very distinct. I also find something interesting in the image of Solomon walking around unaccompanied and somewhat casual.

I was initially uncertain about the nature of that building, but noticing the scaffolding suggests to me that it's an arena under construction. I wonder if the tournaments tend to be fierce enough to actually tear them down.

So presumably this isn't on Throne - but perhaps, his homeworld.
Yeah, I gather that only the demiurges who aren't very active in their empires spend most of their time in their palaces on Throne. So that's definitely Incubus and Mammon, probably Gog-Agog, and maybe also Jadis.

ESkemp

Validated User
And the shift between this positively beautiful, color-rich Mediterranean-style city and the giant cloud of gray smoke is also elegant. "Oh, look, Solomon David is ruling what basically looks like paradise... oh. Well that's as ominous as a storm cloud." And it says something about him that he doesn't look at what he has with the same amount of satisfaction as the arena to come.

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
And it says something about him that he doesn't look at what he has with the same amount of satisfaction as the arena to come.
So, I was reading that as the arena (or whatever it is) being on fire, rather than being constructed. Except there are no flames, and the body looks too tidy, so what are the clouds? Dust and stuff? It just doesn't look like construction, either.

Kraus

Diligent Procrastinator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So, I was reading that as the arena (or whatever it is) being on fire, rather than being constructed. Except there are no flames, and the body looks too tidy, so what are the clouds? Dust and stuff? It just doesn't look like construction, either.
At first glance, I wondered if it was a factory, but the smoke or dust is coming from lower down, rather than from the towers. Whatever it is, it seems to be deliberately isolated by being on an island with a single bridge, and the wall that has been constructed also screens it from the city (or vice versa).

Isator Levie

Validated User
So on the tumblr, Abbadon has stated that for the sake of preventing older generations from being able to effectively stamp out the newer ones, Solomon tends to have his children in batches that are timed such that the new ones are born by the time that the prior ones are getting on in years.

He also ambiguously responded to a compounded question of "can Solomon have daughters/are they important" by simply stating "no".

Kakita Kojiro

IL-series Cylon
RPGnet Member
Validated User
He also ambiguously responded to a compounded question of "can Solomon have daughters/are they important" by simply stating "no".
I'd think that if one has a Key of Kings and does not want daughters, there will be no daughters.

Sabermane

Proud Fianna knight of hope and peace
Validated User
See? he's a sexist asshole.

As for the new stadium, I'm wondering if he's either a "we must build a new one each time because I'm too awesome to have a Street Fighter tourney in the same building twice" or a "the stadiums do not survive each tourney"?

Guess we'll see.

I'm also wondering what small error that guard did to lose an eye.

hammerbolt

Validated User
Is it me or there's a lot of smoke coming from the new stadium? Like, a lot?

First time I saw the image, I thought something was on fire or had blownup. That's a "Cersei blows up the sept" level of smoke. What are they powering the machines with? Hellfire-fueled steam engines?!

Top Bottom