Kill Six Billion Demons 2: a few demons more.

insomniac

Validated User
Does anyone else really want Allison to meet Gog-Agog and learn that one of the Seven Black Emperors who rule the worlds of the Wheel is a big fangirl of hers?

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
And when she finishes fangirling, Gog-Agog's like, "Well, it's been great. Really, really great. But I'm going to have to kill you now."

Bira

Validated User
I think that last line is highly likely. Gog-Agog is the Demiurge of Envy, isn't she?

From what I remember of the commentary beneath each comic, I think 49 Empty Palms is roughly on the same "tier" as Ki-Rata as far as martial arts styles go. Both styles are based on similar principles, but Ki-Rata goes further into those focused attacks.

Tumbleweed

Supporting Cast!
Validated User
I think that last line is highly likely. Gog-Agog is the Demiurge of Envy, isn't she?
Yup. Everyone else is pretty well covered in their own particular gimmick, though I'm looking forward to seeing Gog-Agog's screwy take on it, especially given the army of weirdo clown-carnies.

DarkMum

Godamn Catwoman
Validated User
Yup. Everyone else is pretty well covered in their own particular gimmick, though I'm looking forward to seeing Gog-Agog's screwy take on it, especially given the army of weirdo clown-carnies.
Do try to remember that the music most people associate with circus clowns is more properly known as Entrance Of The Gladiators...

Q99

Genderpunk
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User

From what I remember of the commentary beneath each comic, I think 49 Empty Palms is roughly on the same "tier" as Ki-Rata as far as martial arts styles go. Both styles are based on similar principles, but Ki-Rata goes further into those focused attacks.
I get the idea that there is at least a handful of ‘top tier’ martial arts where individual skill can allow users of the various ones threaten each other, with those two being obvious examples but also the Twenty Five Purities Path seems a likely candidate for it (with the drawback of insanity, of course).

Though of course, the concept of tiering the martial arts may be a fool’s path and a fool who’s style is trash may destroy a master of a higher style, given the way the stories often work.

Bira

Validated User
Oh, for sure, individual skill counts as much or more as the characteristics of the style. I'm sure the "invincible" Solomon will suffer some kind of defeat before this story is done.

ESkemp

Validated User
"You're so cool! I want to wear your face now."

Though I have to admit I've enjoyed the level of depth Abbadon's given the Demiurges thus far, and am therefore confident that Gog-Agog will have something interesting going on besides being "the affable, psychotic weirdo."

Isator Levie

Validated User
Oh, for sure, individual skill counts as much or more as the characteristics of the style. I'm sure the "invincible" Solomon will suffer some kind of defeat before this story is done.
I doubt it would be based on overcoming his skill, though.

Ki Rata seems to have been set up such that, when you're taught it competently, even the novices are capable of outfighting most opponents. I don't think the monks were necessarily being paranoid when they saw themselves as necessary to defeat anybody that stumbles upon its base principles independently.

Monsieur Meuble

Furniture warlord
Validated User
"You're so cool! I want to wear your face now."

Though I have to admit I've enjoyed the level of depth Abbadon's given the Demiurges thus far, and am therefore confident that Gog-Agog will have something interesting going on besides being "the affable, psychotic weirdo."
Gog Agog has regularly been defined by Abbadob as "a walking tragedy", so, surely, there’s more to her than Crossover Emperor Joker.

Top Bottom