[Kill Team/40K] Megathread 1: Good Doggo Aximillion vs the Forces of Eww

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
No mention of what Ad Mech gets so I'm crossing my fingers that this is where I get a titan or even my compromise option of a titan foot.

Morsla

I mostly paint things
Validated User
I'd just really like to see some Jump Pack troops in the game :) Kill Team's changes to charging (rolled in Movement, not a separate phase after moving) should prevent those troops from leaping straight into melee on turn 1, and there are already some examples of fast units like Discs of Tzeentch present in the game.

For Aspect Warriors, they really just need to release a resculpt aimed at the nostalgia market, to test the waters (re-do Jain Zar, in a similar way to the SoB Canoness and the Noise Marine). See how many people buy it, then use that in a business case for resculpting larger parts of the Asuryani range.

Dulahan

Validated User
I have lost all hope of new Aspect Warriors,
Same. When the only fucking army with older models than Chaos is ignored, despite super new fluff and their 'evil' counterpart having had TWO FUCKING RANGES in the interim... yeah. We won't see Eldar before this time next year at the earliest. But probably never.

Seriously, at this point? I don't even fucking care. Just kill the damned race off so they can focus on the factions they obviously bloody care about. Chaos and Imperium. At least that way said factions get the attention deserved.

Crumbs

Validated User
Custodes will probably be like 3 man teams kind of like stealth suit teams. An all striking scorpion team sounds really awesome.

Petter Wäss

I am agape with fnords
Validated User
Seriously, at this point? I don't even fucking care. Just kill the damned race off so they can focus on the factions they obviously bloody care about. Chaos and Imperium. At least that way said factions get the attention deserved.
Its so sad that its taht obvious, really.

Dulahan

Validated User
Its so sad that its taht obvious, really.
Honestly? That's the real thing too. Just admit it. My biggest complaint with 40k is they aren't bold enough. Kill off a race - keep some legacy rules sure. But just make it obvious, none of this fucking around with it. And I say this while fully admitting I am LOVING the new Chaos stuff. So much I almost want a Chaos Army! And I HATE playing bad factions!

In many ways Eldar are the worst of the worst. TWO YEARS ago we got the Triumvirate now. And since? Nothing. At all. Not a single new model. Not a meaningful plot advancement. Nothing. That's what grinds my gears more than anything. We went from seeming like something big was happening for them to... nothing for over 2 years now. Without even a sign there's something else coming for them.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
I dunno about killing off races. I've got friends who refuse to so much look at Age of Sigmar because of stuff like that :(

Mind you - as a fighting game fan - I appreciate the issue with bloat over time. Putting a roster on a diet and shaking up the rules is invaluable for maintaining good health in a game I think. But I think the pricing of mini games makes that a lot harder to swallow than for fighting games...

mac40k

Validated User
Recently, it seems that GW is focusing new units rather than re-sculpts of classic models. It makes sense that when they have designs that are being copied by others (such as mentioned above), they are not as enthusiastic about creating a competing sculpt vs. a whole new unit type. I figure that they are treating the Eldar (or Aeldari) the same as the Space Marines. Everyone knows that mini marines will be phased out at some point once the Primaris line has been fully rolled out. The timing probably has more to do with sales of the older units after that. As sales drop off, units will go out of production to free up shelf and warehouse space.

Since Primaris and Chaos seem to be getting the focus this year, I don't expect any new developments on the Aeldari front until at least next year as well, but when they finally move on, they have the Ynarri already established as the new way forward for the race. At some point, the craftworld farseers will suddenly see the light and get on board, deciding that the old ways (Aspects) is not the way forward for what little remains of their dying race. That leaves the studio free to come up with entirely new sculpts/units a la Primaris. The old units will stick around initially, but once the new line is complete (however long that takes) the Aspects will go the way of the "Last Chance" webstore offers and fade into memory.

Top Bottom