[Kill Team/40K] Megathread 1: Good Doggo Aximillion vs the Forces of Eww

Killfalcon

Reasonably Phosphorous
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
GW's general refusal to do long-term public hype (notably excepting the Sisters) does mean that we could be entirely blindsided by a Slaneesh/Eldar box in August/September and Sisters/Squats in Q4.

Asmodai

Warrior Kobold
RPGnet Member
Validated User
There's multiple late year slots. I wouldn't rule out Slaanesh in September and Sisters in November. Still leaves Spring for Black Legion and Summer for Marines and possibly World Eaters.

BrianDR

Validated User
Late to the party on this game, but it seems like what I always wanted out of a 40k game. But while the armies seem pretty cheap (and I could probably build a few teams just with stuff I have lying around), it seems like the game wants a fair bit of terrain to work well.

Which makes it pretty frustrating that it looks like the basic box and killzone terrain packs are largely sold out everywhere, as far as I can tell. Are these coming back at some point? Why would you let the base box fall out of print?

If not, does anyone have recommendations for affordable 3rd party terrain?

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Which makes it pretty frustrating that it looks like the basic box and killzone terrain packs are largely sold out everywhere, as far as I can tell. Are these coming back at some point? Why would you let the base box fall out of print?
Speculation is new base sets will come (we'll just have to see if they're such a good deal in terms of terrain again). Killzones will keep coming but no idea if they'll bring back out of print ones.

An alternative to lots of terrain is getting Rogue Trader or Arena - neither is cheap but both offer a fair bit of play with no extra terrain needed, so if you were interested in the full package for either it might work out.

BrianDR

Validated User
Speculation is new base sets will come (we'll just have to see if they're such a good deal in terms of terrain again). Killzones will keep coming but no idea if they'll bring back out of print ones.

An alternative to lots of terrain is getting Rogue Trader or Arena - neither is cheap but both offer a fair bit of play with no extra terrain needed, so if you were interested in the full package for either it might work out.
I have to admit, the 2D sort of rpg battlemat approach to terrain doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I have to admit, the 2D sort of rpg battlemat approach to terrain doesn't really appeal to me at all.
Then you had best not buy those products :)

I like the Killzones but unless you really want the missions in them there's no particular need to buy them, literally any way you can get scenery will be fine. Old Necromunda stuff, cardstock scenery, "Killzone: Tank Graveyard" where you just slap down a bunch of your 40K vehicles and call them scenery, it's all good.

Top Bottom