• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Kill Team/40K] Megathread 1: Good Doggo Aximillion vs the Forces of Eww

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I have a horrible feeling GW might be done with releases for Killteam now :confused:
Nah.

We’re gonna see a three-pillar strategy where Apocalypse, 40k, and Kill Team are all supported in perpetuity, with Kill Team being an entry point into 40k which is an entry point into Apocalypse.

AlphaAsh

Miserable Git
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Nah.

We’re gonna see a three-pillar strategy where Apocalypse, 40k, and Kill Team are all supported in perpetuity, with Kill Team being an entry point into 40k which is an entry point into Apocalypse.
Agreed. Three scaled versions of the game (mass armies, tactical/strike forces, kill teams), all played with the same figures. Apocalypse is a clever move because it is Epic in 28mm, so no need to produce a 6mm range of figures. Let Forgeworld do that for AdNicus.

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
I didn't say they were done with Killteam, I said they were done with Killteam releases. Unless they decide to do a revamped rulebook, or a complete set of cards I don't think they have much left to release.

Mengtzu

Another Kill Team...
Staff member
RPGnet Member
I didn't say they were done with Killteam, I said they were done with Killteam releases. Unless they decide to do a revamped rulebook, or a complete set of cards I don't think they have much left to release.
There's a lot of units, and one glaringly obvious faction - Sisters - that aren't in KT yet. There's also a big opportunity in new factions (Inquisition) that fit better in this size than the main game.

Also I'm pretty sure they'll eventually find a way to let you play everything that comes in a Start Collecting box. Or at least dreads.

OMAC 247

Tired of your nonsense
Validated User
I really hope they don't add dreads, and I suspect Sisters will be in WD like the Kroot as will any other gaps in the range, but we shall see I guess

Stephen Lea Sheppard

Be seeing you
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
They’re not going to consign Sisters, their new big plastic full army release they’ve been hyping for two years, to a White Dwarf issue.

Hodden

The Great
Banned
Validated User
Sisters would be a good time to introduce flying or jump pack troops to the armies that don't have them.

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Eisenhorn vs Chaos Daemons in the next White Dwarf (bottom of this here preview link.

Eisenhorn is a commander (although it doesn't say for which faction(s)). Chaos Daemons are a "set of rules to field Kill Teams of dreaded Chaos Daemons".

This seems pretty cool but it's also a great excuse for Kremlinology and wild speculation. Does this make Kill Team: Inquisition vs Daemons more or less likely? Is this a teaser/to gauge interest? Have they cancelled the long rumoured Kill Team: Inquisitor and this is reusing some developed content?

Top Bottom