• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

💀 Necro Korean War in 28mm?

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
First - I want to pass along a link: http://foxcompany.freeforums.org/index.php

That's a tiny new forum dedicated to wargaming the Korean War. It's not mine, but they're good folks; give it a look.

Second - has anyone here done any Korean War wargaming? I'm intrigued by the idea of doing it in 28mm, but, sadly, it looks like its reputation as "the forgotten war" is well deserved as far as tabletop games are concerned.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's VERY tempting.

What makes me want to do it in 28mm is these:

I think they'd be perfect for Korea. Add in an Easy-Eight Sherman and I'm set.

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Those are the only ones I've seen. There was a small company (Adarga Castings) that tried to make 28mm DPRK, but they seem to have had mechanical problems and haven't resolved them.

Lack of PLA/DPRK is the big obstacle here.

komradebob

Validated User
Are any of these forces using so much foreign gear that you could sub in another nation's minis with some minor modifications, like head swaps?

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Are any of these forces using so much foreign gear that you could sub in another nation's minis with some minor modifications, like head swaps?
Sure, Soviets. Hell, I could probably use Soviets in "fish fur" hats and telogreikas "as is" and no one would notice:

But I'd like something a bit different and distinctive. As it is, I've done enough "Winter 1944 Soviets with T-34/85" to last for quite a while...

Cessna

Gritty AF
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's not really a problem. I could field an army "as is" with what I have. And that's great for getting me started, or playing a game.

But - well, if I'm doing a new project for a different war, I want it to look a bit distinctive, you know?

komradebob

Validated User
It's not really a problem. I could field an army "as is" with what I have. And that's great for getting me started, or playing a game.

But - well, if I'm doing a new project for a different war, I want it to look a bit distinctive, you know?
Not a terribly great suggestion, but maybe you could shift your modelling instincts from the troops to the terrain to make for the distinction? Or in the scenario design?

Last edited:
Top Bottom