• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Krypton season two

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
This is, after Legends, my favorite DC TV show. Not perfect, but a weirdly endearing mix of comics nonsense and GoT scheming (mostly Nyssa). A fun summer show.

Anybody else watching?

(Apologies if there’s already a season two thread - the last one I saw was from a year ago)

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I'm a few episodes behind, but I've been enjoying it. I think it has one of the best takes on Lobo I've seen.

bentleyml

Strange Apparition
Validated User
I checked out partway through Season One, but it sounds like it got better?
I had started Season 1 when it first aired, but gave up after a few episodes. Recently re-watched it and enjoyed it more the second time through. Season 2 feels very different.

taschoene

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I had started Season 1 when it first aired, but gave up after a few episodes. Recently re-watched it and enjoyed it more the second time through. Season 2 feels very different.
Thanks I'll have to give it a look. I think DC Universe has Season 1 streaming.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Huckster
Validated User
I thought season one had issues because it was limited to trying to "save history" now that they can go crazy with it...

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I did the same, and I agree - it’s not anything as drastic as the difference between Season 1 and 2 of Legends, but they’ve definitely found their footing this year.

Varyar

Emilie Dequenne Fanboy
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So...

Spoiler: Show
I wasn't surprised Lyta came back - I thought she'd be a clone, not that the clone was the one that died - but I'm kind of ambivalent about it.

I don't like it when shows SHOCKINGLY KILL SOMEONE BUT LOL NOPE NVM in general. In this case, I'm especially irked because it also prolongs the ROMANTIC TRIANGLE OF ROMANCE. In this case, more of a romantic square since we have not one but two disappointed lovers in the form of Nyssa and Dev. Poor Dev! He never had a chance, but Nyssa at least is - one assumes - going to have another baby with Seg-El. Or will she? Will Zor-El be Jor-El's half brother instead? That might be kind of cool, but it couldn't really play out on the show unless they were really bold and made season 4 all-out TNG. I dunno.

Also, I get that Seg-El has loved Lyta from Day One, but it's a little bit cold that he just jumps back into her arms while the mother of his child (his kidnapped by Brainiac child, no less) is standing five feet away. Bah! Kids today.

OTOH, there was a lot of good stuff in this episode, too. Focusing almost entirely on the main Kandor plot was a welcome relief. The show gets spread a little thin between that, Wegthor, Brainiac and Doomsday. I'm sure we'll get some Val-El and company shenanigans next week.

Season finale prediction - Zod, at the moment of his ultimate triumph, fades into non-existence since Seg-El and Lyta never actually have him in this timeline.

7.5/10, curious where this is all going.

Geoffrey21

Don't say, just cool.
Validated User
I really like Krypton, something I never would have anticipated upon its announcement way back when. My only nitpick is just how dang dark it is in Kandor. Please, Adam Strange! Share the Earthling invention of the "light bulb" with the Kryptonians!

Top Bottom