• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

[KS] Kingdom Death: Monster boardgame launched

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
The Kickstarter for the Monster boardgame by Kingdom Death launched today, and it's already running strong ($200K in 24 hours). Kingdom Death makes some high-end resin figures and they look pretty swell. They're going with plastic for the game, but a lot is already included:

Looks like your figures start off in a fantasy post-apoc scenario (think EarthDawn rather than Gamma World), and the game includes armor kits that upgrade your heroes' armor as you play. The KS is funding the games getting made, and it look like he'll put in other monsters from future expansion packs as stretch goals.

I'm in, hard. Anyone else?

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
Female mins are a little cheesecakey for my tastes, but not too far to eliminate my interest. wondering if they plan for the minis to be modular after assembly, and if so, how.

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
Female mins are a little cheesecakey for my tastes, but not too far to eliminate my interest. wondering if they plan for the minis to be modular after assembly, and if so, how.
I *think* those are the bonus figures (the Rawhide Dame and Phoenix Dancer), as add-ons, and not the ones included in the game box itself, which you can see in the regular armor kits.

I think magnetizing a regular 28mm figure might be difficult, given the number of options they seem to have. Maybe they're just hoping you buy multiple kits to make the figures with...

bv728

Was he a violent man?
Validated User
I *think* those are the bonus figures (the Rawhide Dame and Phoenix Dancer), as add-ons, and not the ones included in the game box itself, which you can see in the regular armor kits.

I think magnetizing a regular 28mm figure might be difficult, given the number of options they seem to have. Maybe they're just hoping you buy multiple kits to make the figures with...
Yeah, that's my problem - I'd want to be able to make changes between fights, not assembl a dozen or more varients for WYSIWYG.

The Wyzard

A ruckus, a revel
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, man. They're finally actually doing something with this deal? I guess I'm in. The following is one of my favorite stupid pieces of cheesecake ever, and I always said I'd buy the stupid thing if they ever got the game actually going.

The Wyzard

A ruckus, a revel
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Huh. Okay. That is expensive, doesn't include much explanation of mechanics, doesn't seem to have much in the box, and doesn't have a mini of the above cheesecake I'm so fond of.

I may have to think harder on this, and watch the stretch goals.

I guess not everything can be the Reaper Miniatures Vampire Level, though.

lordcomte

Retired User
I am in this pretty damn hard myself. I actually came over here to make this thread only to find it done for me. A game play video should be up relatively soon. Lets hope it is sooner than when Relic Knights got their video up cause they kinda dragged their feet on that one.

I personally don't expect this kick starter to turn into Zombiecide or Sedition Wars but I've always been in love with the Kingdom of Death stuff and even if it were to end right now I would say that it is 155 pretty well spent. I love the idea of being able to swap out minis with ones that have upgraded armor and weaponry and I also love the idea of building up a settlement from nothing using the resources harvested from the various enemies we fight. I actually dialed back my black Friday shopping for this kickstarter and I am stoked to see where it is going to go from here. Hopefully he'll bring back some of his older models into general production.

I think they just may not be able to do some of their more "explicit" models on Kickstarter least they get closed down. There'll not be a Wet Nurse on Kickstarter, I am rather certain of that.

MjrTrauma

One of Everything
Validated User
I think they just may not be able to do some of their more "explicit" models on Kickstarter least they get closed down. There'll not be a Wet Nurse on Kickstarter, I am rather certain of that.
No, but some of the others are being included. One of the 7 enemies is the King's Hand, and I was already considering that as a General for my not Chaos force the other day. Getting that as part of the package is a sweet bonus.

Plus, they've started doubling nicely on some of the items at the Survivor level (35 right now, including two of those big Phoenixes). Could be a decent package if the trend continues.

Top Bottom