IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

Astrid whirls around at Joel's words. "What the fuck?" She looks at him, a mixture of sheer disbelief and anger. She steps forward, in front of Vincent. "Look, dude. I don't know what kind of evidence you supposedly have but that's a really messed up thing to say...!" Her fists clench, and it's taking all she has not to fly completely off the handle on this guy.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

Something twists and hurts behind Vincent's eyes, like a snake biting his brain. "Joel, I don't know what you're talking about. I really do not. I think you've either mistaken me for someone with the same name, or this is...the worst, cruelest joke I have ever heard of. I think..." Vincent glances down the corridor, longingly. "I think I need to go. I don't want to talk about this any more."

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Validated User
Akira

Akira is looking to get into contact with Herr Doktor Mattas, one way or another. He is convinced, that he will find out more if he would just be able to get in touch with him. He is getting obsessed by the idea what he might learn from that creepy but fascinating medical scientist.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Joel

"The report specifically said the crime scene was your house." Joel said heavily. "But it also said you were interviewed - obviously something's up. Is there someone you recall that knows your parents I can contact, a family friend or colleague? If someone tried to fake all this and pass it on to me, then I'm as angry as you are kid."

Faked murder reports would seem to fit somewhat with Hank's distrust of official photo authenticity and frame jobs.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Akira

You can't find an e-mail adress for Dr. Mattas so you go back and forth on whether it would be better to wait until tomorrow to call or to send a letter right now, but in the end you decide on the former - a letter won't arrive for a few days anyway, and he may not be in California.

Some further research into his publications makes it clear that his main specialty is various forms of abdominal cancer, which makes his interest in psycho-active brain surgery a bit odd.

The next morning you place a call to the Children's Hospital Los Angeles which is where he mostly works when he's in California.
Spoiler: Show
Getting through the bureaucracy to talk to Dr. Mattas will require an Influence Other roll (+Charisma). On a 10-14 you get through, but you have to lie or exaggerate your own importance.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid, Joel, Vincent

Your discussion is interrupted by the closest lightbulb flickering a couple of times, then going out with a brittle *tink*.

Then the same thing happens to the one closest to the spiral staircase leading back up.

What do you do?

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
Lauren

It takes a few moments before you realize the sun is in the wrong place. It's much too high, like it was noon even though you were only... gone? Confused? Hallucinating? ...whatever happened, it only lasted for a few minutes, and here it looks as if hours has passed.

You see no sign of Bill, or the creep.
Lauren

Lauren jerks, staring around herself wide-eyed. What in the fucking world just happened? Where did she just go? And where's Bill?

With a start she realizes that she's in traffic and has to pay attention to it, hurrying to pull over before she's in an accident. And what time is it? It doesn't look like morning anymore.

She laughs with more than a touch of hysteria to it, leaning her forehead against the wheel. Well, what's one more crazy homeless person in Los Angeles?

OOC: Sorry about the slow reply! Last week before spring break is always very busy but I thought I'd be able to squeak something in.

Narrator: She was not.

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

Vincent is hacked off, and doesn't intend to get distracted by a few bad bulbs or a little brownout or something. He stomps on towards the stairs, and turns on his flashlight if he can't manage to navigate with the remaining light.

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

Astrid jumps when the bulbs go out. "Ugh. I'm tired of this spooky shit." She grumbles, throwing Joel another dirty look before going over to Vincent. "Hey. If you want to get out of here, I'm game. We can lose the creep."

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Validated User
Akira

Akira tries to get a hold of the surgeon. For that purpose he pretends to be a patient in need of very specific counsel regarding psycho-surgery, having very bizarre memory losses and strange memory and dream occurrences.

ROLL Influence Other, with +1 Charisma: 2d10+1 = 16"

Top Bottom