IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid

Astrid jumps when the bulbs go out. "Ugh. I'm tired of this spooky shit." She grumbles, throwing Joel another dirty look before going over to Vincent. "Hey. If you want to get out of here, I'm game. We can lose the creep."
Vincent is game.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jonathan

The magazine is fairly new though fairly superficial, consisting mostly of interviews and snarky reviews of exhibitions.

You're kept waiting for half an hour past your appointed time, one or another off the office assistants coming past every five minutes to offer you terrible office coffee or water. Finally the same one who showed you in comes to tell you that "Ms. Grant will see you now", walking past you to open the door to the office.

Behind the door is a small but neat and tidy office - a desk, one chair behind it and one in front, a telephone and a rolodex, and not much else.

Ms. Grant rises to shake your hand across the desk. She looks to be a bit over forty, tall and imposing, dressed in a pinstripe pantsuit. Her handshake is dry and firm, and when she speaks her voice is gravelly from smoking.

"I'm a very busy woman so I'm going to cut to the chase. I've seen some of your pieces and I think with the proper inspiration you might develop into a very interesting artist. In case that's not clear enough, in my business 'interesting' means 'able to make a lot of money'."

She gives you a brief, steely-eyed smile.

"I know that sounds crass. I enjoy art as much as the next person, but I'm running a business and my business is knowing what sells."

She leans back in her chair and gives you a weighing look.

"If the prospect of making a lot of money doesn't put you off, we can work together. Georgie will have a contract ready for you outside."

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Akira

You get passed around the hospital's administration for twenty minutes, but in the end you are put through to Doctor Mattas.

"Hello, Mr... Yamamoto, is it? What seems to be ailing you?"

The doctor's voice is deep and warm, his German accent obvious but not enough to be irritating - you've encountered much worse among the academics you work with.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid and Vincent

You quickly return up the spiral staircase, leaving Joel behind underground. The doors all unlock from the inside so he won't have any trouble making it out on his own.

What do you do?

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Joel

The two kids take off up the stairs, leaving you behind in the service tunnel.

Another bulb goes out, leaving you with barely enough light to see the way to the stairs.

What do you do?

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lauren

You pull over on the side of the street, trying to calm yourself down. What happened? Was that real? Some kind of hallucination? Did someone dose you with something?
Spoiler: Show
If you want to calm yourself down and try to find a rational explanation for what just happened, roll Keep It Together (+Willpower).

If you take it seriously and try to keep the experience clear in your memory, also roll Keep It Together (+Willpower).

If you don't want to take the time to collect yourself before acting, say what you do and roll Act Under Pressure (+Coolness).

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Validated User
Akira

Akira does not have to pretend to have an anguished and troubled voice, he answers: "Hello Doctor and thank you for taking the time to speak to me. I have had very strange and troubling dreams. Mostly it is the same recurring dream." I quickly explain my returning dream to him, without too much going into details. "They seem to contain some key to a hidden memory of some sorts. Would it be possible to meet with you doctor?"

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid and Vincent

You quickly return up the spiral staircase, leaving Joel behind underground. The doors all unlock from the inside so he won't have any trouble making it out on his own.

What do you do?
Vincent

"Well, Astrid...I'm sorry I wasted your evening on my weird projects and my weirder adult friends. Is there any way I can make it up to you?"

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Joel

A few moments of silence, then Joel kicked the wall. Either Vincent was just that out of it, or the whole premise he was operating on was flawed. Gotten nowhere either way. Joel decided to go home. Maybe he'd get the call back.

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

"Honestly don't worry about it." Astrid smirks. "I'm just glad we're out of there. Hey... are you alright? I mean what he said was pretty crazy heavy. If you need to talk, I'm here... ok?"

Top Bottom