IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

DavetheLost

Registered User
Validated User
Jonathan

It only takes Jonathan a moment to consider Ms. Grant's offer. The prospect of increased sales is definitely "interesting". It can't hurt to see what sort of inspiration they are offering. He remembered his conversation with Val, she had implied that it was time for a change in the direction of his work. This might be his chance.

"It sounds interesting to me. What sort of inspiration did you have in mind?"
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

Vincent took a few moments. "I'm okay. It's just weird to have someone directly challenge your reality like that. Have you ever had that happen? Have someone try to cast doubt on everything you know?"
 

Daxian

Registered User
Validated User
Astrid

"I'm pretty sure there's a term for that. Gaslighting?" Astrid replies, tapping her chin. "It's a dick move either way. Try not to think about it too much. You're still the dork I know and tolerate." She boops him on the nose for emphasis. "I'm starving. Wanna grab a bit from somewhere?"
 

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
Lauren

Breathe. All she has to do right now is breathe, and that should be simple enough, but there's a wheezing, high-pitched noise and it takes her a few second to realize it's coming from her. Whatever just happened doesn't make any sense. It doesn't make any sense. She's losing it, because things are supposed to make sense and that didn't, and now Bill is in some kind of trouble-

-unless she hallucinated that too. Maybe Bill wasn't there at all, maybe he's fine. That... thing with the face that's all wrong can't be real, and since it's not real Bill can't have followed it, which means Bill is fine, just fine, and she's just going nuts. That's a much better explanation than anything else she can think of.

If she's losing her grip on reality she needs help from a psychiatrist or something, but without any money, what are her options?
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

Vincent agrees to get Astrid whatever she wants to eat, and continues to look perturbed.

OOC:
I need to think of an action I could take, like something involving dice that might break something. So I swear I will try to make a post that will actually cause something to happen this weekend. :/
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Akira

Doctor Mattas asks a few questions that are eerily accurate in predicting the contents of your dreams, enough so that you find yourself answering honestly.

"Your case is very interesting and is closely related to the main areas of my research. I believe I can make time for you this afternoon. My secretary will make the arrangements, if this is suitable for you."

What do you do?
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

From your previous exploration you vaguely remember a small pizza place two streets away that turns out to be a fairly friendly family-owned restaurant - not exactly cheap, but that doesn't matter much to either of you.
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid

The pizza is good. You can't quite tell if the guy who serves you who is maybe your own age, maybe a couple of years older is trying to flirt with you, or maybe is trying to hide that he actually wants to flirt with Vincent, or if he's just friendly.

Either way you don't have much mindspace to devote to that. Joel's accusation was weird and came out of nowhere, but Vincent's reaction was also strange. Maybe it's just shock?

There was also something strange about those tunnels. You can't quite decide what, but there was something fascinating there, something... alluring even. A secret world under the city.
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Joel

Vincent and his friend go up the spiral staircase. You give them a little space before following, but after two more lights go out you start to feel a bit unnerved. Just when you put your foot on the first step and the door closes behind you, you think you hear... a voice? A draft? Yeah, probably just a draft from the closing door.

Still, you hurry up a bit faster than necessary, taking the steps two at a time.

When you're outside again you see the two teenagers walking off, and despite your desire to question Vincent further - you're sure he's either lying or confused somehow, but it's clear you're not getting anything out of him right now - you let them go. When you turn to leave you see a homeless man watching you, a big guy with a grey beard and filthy clothes. He doesn't stop you, but he keeps watching you when you go.
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Jonathan

Ms. Grant purses her lips for a moment and you can feel her judging you, weighing you like Anubis balancing your soul against a feather, but only the part of you that is of interest to her.

"We'll find something. Something to inspire you, to draw out the masterpieces you have inside."

She leans back, her gaze still boring through you.

"It's different for everyone, but there's always a key you can turn to free the greatness."
 
Top Bottom