• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lauren

Your heart is pounding, you feel cold sweat on your back, and your foot keeps wanting to pump the gas pedal just to get you out of here right now! Somehow you resist the urge to plow straight out into traffic, and with your whole body trembling from keeping yourself under control you navigate through traffic until you find a spot where you can park and safely collapse over the steering wheel.

The things you saw, what happened to you, what might have happened to Bill... none of it makes sense. Either you are going crazy, or the world is, and you can't tell which is worse.
Spoiler: Show
-2 Stability from the trauma.

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
Lauren

Lauren spends a long time like that, hunched over her steering wheel and trying to breathe. It can't be real, but it felt so real. She remembers a childhood fever high enough to make her hallucinate, and it had been terrifying but not like that. She's not on any drugs, so unless someone wasted some LSD on a stranger, it can't be that.

She's probably going insane, but it doesn't feel like she is. Do crazy people feel crazy? That's... maybe something she can go to the library and look up. But first, she needs to clean herself up and get something to eat; she'd kill for a strong cup of coffee right now.

Mind made up, she draws a deep breath and turns the engine on. Destination: the nearest gas station with a restroom.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Joel

When you get back home, the light on your answering machine is flashing.

Freddy's voice is rougher than it used to be, but despite sounding a bit guarded he offers lunch tomorrow at a place near where you both used to live, Nana's Diner. You haven't been there in well over a decade, but back then it was a friendly if somewhat rundown place.

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Joel

Well, that was one reassuring thing. Joel called back and left a message letting him know he agreed to the time and place.

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

For the most part she just smiles at the waiter, thanking him when appropriate and not really responding to any perceived flirting. She's so not in the headspace for that at the moment.

Astrid chomps down on a slice, eyes watching Vincent carefully. Finally she sighs, setting the slice down to say something once she's fully chewed and swallowed.

"Alright. Are you going to go back down into those tunnels? Be straight with me here." She focuses on him intently. "Just... don't go alone, yeah? Let me know when you go and I'll come too.."

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

"I will absolutely go into the tunnels again." There's not even a hint he ever would have prevaricated. "Yeah, that's okay. It'd be too easy to get hurt or lost or something, and it'd be nice to have help."

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Validated User
Akira

"Thank you very much doctor for taking the time to see me. I will gladly come to the appointment". Akira is being very polite while talking to the doctor, but somewhere inside him he is very anxious. This person is very intriguing in the manner that he responded and seemed almost able to predict my own dream, like he was able to see a pattern it it.
After noting down the appointment, Akira leaves straight for the hospital, taking his gameboy with him in order to try to focus his mind solely on tetris and not on the appointment to come.

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

"Alright. Glad we're on the same page." She takes another bite of pizza, before continuing. "Hey... So, this probably sounds really paranoid and nuts but... I swear there's been some real weirdos watching me. Maybe even following me."

Astrid pauses to look around, peering out of the nearest window for any sign of the aforementioned weirdos.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Joel

You're sitting across from Freddy while you wait for your food, non-committal pleasantries out of the way, neither of you quite willing to meet the other's gaze.

Nana's Diner looks worse than you remember it, but you're not sure if it's been run down more or if it's your eyes that have grown older. You don't recognize any of the staff and the comfortable sense of familiarity you had hoped for is entirely absent.

Freddy looks a little guarded, wary almost. He clearly expects this to be something other than two childhood friends catching up.

Top Bottom