• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Akira

The doctor's office is huge, dominated by a desk of dark oak polished to a deep sheen, nary a paper intruding on the perfect expensive-looking expanse.

The doctor himself is tall and gaunt, his face furrowed and his surprisingly thick white hair combed back from his face. He wears the traditional white coat over a tweed suit, and when he greets you his handshake is firm and his smile broad and toothy. He gestures for you to sit opposite him as he retakes his seat behind that enormous desk.

"So, Mr. Yamamoto. Tell me more about these dreams."

He steeples his fingers and his pale blue gaze bores into you.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Lauren

You spend the rest of the day in a haze, trying to calm your nerves. You keep seeing flickers out of the corner of your eye that you expect to be Bill or the creep or whatever the hell it was the creep turned into (what you believed you saw the creep turn into, you keep reminding yourself). Every time you turn a corner you expect to be back in that canyon-like alley, or be overtaken by the same hallucination, or whatever it was that happened.

When the sun starts to set you're still jittery. What do you do?

EnigmaticOne

Validated User
Joel

The pleasantries were stuff, asking about his kids, Freddy asking about Joel's work. Joel couldn't blame him for suspicion and discomfort. "All right. I know what you're thinking. Yes, I didn't call up just for old times sake. Did Hank leave any mementos from police work behind? Pictures, notes, anything really?"

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid

"Alright. Glad we're on the same page." She takes another bite of pizza, before continuing. "Hey... So, this probably sounds really paranoid and nuts but... I swear there's been some real weirdos watching me. Maybe even following me."

Astrid pauses to look around, peering out of the nearest window for any sign of the aforementioned weirdos.
Vincent

Vincent is replaying the scene from the tunnels over and over in his head. There was no half-smirk, no poking for a reaction from Joel. Something was wrong there.

He had to snap back, listen to Astrid. "Do you think they're...it can't be a stalker if you're sure there's more than one. Is there anyone who would...send a private detective agency after you? I know that doesn't make sense, but if it were the police, I think they'd just talk to your school, go to your house...If you know where they're most likely to trail you, I can try to take pictures of them."

Choo Choo

Likes Rocks
Validated User
Lauren

Having spent her afternoon trying to play and make some money, but with her nerves so frazzled that she'd forget both lyrics and chords on occasion, she decides that she has to try and find Bill. He has to be fine, because whatever happened couldn't have been real, and so the best place to check is the homeless shelter. Nodding to herself she gets in her car. He's going to be there and he'll be fine.

She won't stay there for the night, though. If that... guy... gave her the creeps before, now she's downright terrified, and not ashamed to admit it.

Daxian

Validated User
Astrid

"I dunno. I mean..." She pauses, sighing and running a hand through her hair. "I don't know anything about my birth parents so..." Could they be trying to find her? No. That can't be it. Those guys looked nothing like private investigators. They were way too creepy.

"....Can you get pictures without getting seen by them?" She says, smiling at him softly. "If so, maybe we can take them to the cops afterwards."

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Validated User
Akira

"Thank you doctor for seeing me on such short notice". Akira pauses for a moment, his heartbeat starts racing as he is about to tell the dark and gloomy tale of his weird dreams. Or is it doctor Mattas who is making him somehow nervous? After a moment, he perceives something in the look of the doctor, like something comforting telling him that he may talk freely without fear. It is like a trigger and suddenly he is surprised realizing that he is talking about his dreams, all of them. His tale is very detailed, he leaves nothing out. It is like he lost his his first instinct who wanted to protect his innermost intimacy. He does not know what urges him to pour out his innermost thoughts imbedded inside his soul to a complete stranger. He finishes talking about the incident where he woke up in the park with the corpse of an animal, seemingly convinced that he is talking about another dream of his.
Once he is finished talking about his gruesome tales, he asks the doctor: "what do you think about it? I have the impression that sometime I don't know whether I'm awake or asleep..."

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Joel

Freddy looks disappointed,, but more in the way that you confirmed his suspicions than that you did something unexpected. He shrugs.

"Sure, boxes of it. It's all out in the garage."

He sees the look on your face and shakes his head.

"No, I never went through them. That was..."

He leans back and crosses his arms, a wan smile momentarily creasing his lips.

"Don't you remember? You were the one who wanted to be a detective, not me."

You flash back to your childhood, playing with Freddy in the park or the street. Freddy wanted to play astronauts, ace pilots, racecar drivers, firemen, cowboys and indians, soldiers, and you'd go along and it would be fun, but what you really wanted to do was be a detective, look for clues, solve mysteries. You'd usually find some compromise - you'd be fireman detectives, or solve a murder mystery on the moon. You remember thinking it was weird that Freddy never wanted to play detectives when his Dad was a real, actual cop.

You come back to the present, to Freddy studying your face.

"I was going to throw it all out but I figured maybe you'd want them some day."

Not someone, you.

Half an hour later you're in Freddy's driveway. His house is small but looks well taken care of. When he hauls up the garage door it reveals a similar garage - cramped, but the well-used tools are in order and everything's neat and tidy.

He points to five moving boxes stacked in a corner, each marked "DAD'S OFFICE" in black marker on the side.

"I'll help you get them over to your place."

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid

You make loose plans with Vincent to go back into the tunnels next weekend - between now and then is a school week, and while your parents try to be accommodating they get so goddamned worried when you go out at night.

Monday afternoon you've rushed from your last class to where Mark or Lisa or Nate or one of the other drivers will pick you up after school. You've noticed the creeps/stalkers/possible PI's watching you there a couple of times, though they tend to keep their distance close to the school.

Sure enough, after just a minute or two you spot one of them standing outside the record store across the street, not even pretending to look at the albums in the window. This one is taller than the last one, well over six feet, but equally built and in similar clothes, old jeans and a dark hoodie with the hood pulled up.

You try very hard not to look to where Vincent should be hiding.

AndersGabrielsson

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Vincent

You too rushed out of your last class, grabbing your camera from your locker and hurrying to a place where you'll have a good view of the street.

Astrid seemed genuinely worried about you going into the tunnels alone, and while you would have gone without her it feels good to know she'll be coming along. You decide not to analyze that thought further.

What's your spot for watching the street to get a good picture of the creepers?

Top Bottom