• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC [Kult: Divinity Lost] Leave a Light for Me

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Registered User
Validated User
Akira

Akira tries to hold his breath in terror, and clearly, the only thing right now is for him to find a way out of here, as far away from that hideous “thing” that has just passed. So the most obvious answer he is seeking right now is:

What is my best way through this?
Spoiler: Show
I will keep the other questions for later
 

Daxian

Registered User
Validated User
Astrid

"Hey. I'm fine, but listen. I told Mark about the creeps following me and his response was... weird. It's almost like... he knows something about them... But that's crazy, right?" Astrid pauses, waiting for Vincent's response. Although she wants to hear him reassure her that she's overreacting, part of her hopes he instead says the exact opposite.
 

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
Moderator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Astrid

"Hey. I'm fine, but listen. I told Mark about the creeps following me and his response was... weird. It's almost like... he knows something about them... But that's crazy, right?" Astrid pauses, waiting for Vincent's response. Although she wants to hear him reassure her that she's overreacting, part of her hopes he instead says the exact opposite.
Vincent

Vincent is quiet for a little bit. "It's not crazy."

"Think this out: There is a reason they are following you. It may be an insane, illogical, or absurd reason, but there is a reason. It is possible that Mark has information you don't, which allows him to deduce, or at least suspect, what that reason might be. It's also possible they've made demands or creepy phone calls or something that Mark never told you about. I think you should try to listen to any conversation he has with his wife after they think you're in bed tonight. Sneak out and listen at their door, or if there's a vent that goes into both their room and another room you could listen at that vent. They're almost certain to discuss it."

"They might think they're protecting you by keeping this information away from you. Oh, I talked to an attorney about this. I'm going to try and get something moving on my end. You and your parents shouldn't be surprised if she gets ahold of you."
 

AndersGabrielsson

Member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Akira

You know you could try to go back up the stairs, once this creature is no longer within hearing distance, but given how strange this place is and what's waiting for you up there you're not sure that's the best way even if it is a way.

And you know strange things have been happening with your dreams lately. Maybe you're dreaming right now? And if you're not, maybe going into a dream will help? Yeah, that seems right - if you can find someplace here to fall asleep, someplace hidden our out of the way where that thing or anything else that lives down here won't stumble over you, that might help.
 

Daxian

Registered User
Validated User
Astrid

"Alright. Ok." Astrid agrees, sighing heavily. "That all makes sense. I guess I can try to pick up on any secret conversations they have." Though to be fair she's not sure how stealthy she can be, especially if Mark and Lisa are "on guard". Who knows what they were talking about at this very moment?

"I'll let them know about the attorney, at least, so they can be expecting it. Thanks."
 

EvilSpaceUnicorn

Registered User
Validated User
Akira

Akira will try to slip away quietly and unseen from the creature, and follow his instincts to find a quiet place to fall asleep. Maybe this is the way out of this horror, he must have fallen asleep, there is no other possible answer, yes! Falling back asleep will lead him out of here, he will wake up again at home and it will all have been just a dream!
 
Top Bottom