• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

OOC L5R 4e Distant Thunder II

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
An OOC thread for the continuation of the PbP game Distant Thunder.

The Roster of current participants are:

ClassDunce - Hiruma Jun'Ai

lordmcdeath - Kakita Doijin,

Angwa - Akodo Kumiko

Ebony - Kakita Hayase

ronin40_4 - Ikoma Raionko

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
I am a total jerk-face. We survived the Scorpion Clan Coup and I didn't even hand out Exp?

Everyone please take 5 Exp.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Also, for some reason I've been identifying Hantei Sotorii, Hantei XXXIX, as Hantei the 19th. I fail at Roman numerals.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
A part of me is going, this, this is who you killed your Clan to place on the the Throne? Bad form Bayushi-sama.

And part of me is frankly disappointed at how badly Akodo Kage is doing puppeting said Emperor. Learn to work the arms, teach him the words, and not move your lips. I dislike puppet rulers at the best of times, but more than that, I'm getting some Nero vibes here.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
I think the boy might just be too dumb to be completely puppeted. Let's be honest Jun'Ai was able to manipulate him into believing it was admirable and important for her to always carry a phial of sake with her... To the point that he ordered Kage to get him one too.

Jun'Ai is not exactly a master manipulater.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
Anyone getting a Scorpion as an unwilling concubine is unlikely to have a long life. I mean having your Father's old mistress stripped and brought your tent is tacky in all but a lion pride, but she's bound to be skilled enough subtle arts to end him with a single moment, or use her captivity and suffering as such a note of personal dishonor, that she gradually turns the rest of her class against the new Emperor.

Add getting rid of the Akodo, did Kage forget what he is? Does that make him Ronin. There is poor puppetering, and then there is accidentally garrotting yourself with the string.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
I don't think it was ever stated that Atsuki rescued the hostages, past Doijins sister and the other one that you found, I believe that it was Toturi's Mistress that saved them. When Sparrow lead them into the palace she was stated as going to do that. If she had been Atsuki than Sparrow definitely would've recognized her.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Add getting rid of the Akodo, did Kage forget what he is? Does that make him Ronin.
We haven't seen that scene unfold yet -- but there is a bit of a "golden parachute" for Kage and most of the Akodo.

I don't think it was ever stated that Atsuki rescued the hostages, past Doijins sister and the other one that you found, I believe that it was Toturi's Mistress that saved them. When Sparrow lead them into the palace she was stated as going to do that. If she had been Atsuki than Sparrow definitely would've recognized her.
It was 100% Toturi's Mistress -- but if Atsuko ends up getting the credit for that? I wouldn't be upset.

lordmcdeath

Validated User
And I'm pretty certain she did rescue his sister and the Imperial Chancellor. He doesn't know she did rescue the others, and there is no proof that said mistress wasn't working for the magistrate.

Doijin's unpleasant idea is to build essentially a minor clan around Atsuko and the people she "worked with", in return for which they'll be tasked with hunting down the rogue former Scorpion. Paying for their redemption in the blood of their family is exactly the sort of cruel notion that would appeal to the spoiled child on the throne and his less than pleasant puppet master. But I'd bet of Atsuko being able to minimize the damage, or at least giving her people a clean death.

It also keeps the Magistrates from bleeding out trying to secure Scorpion lands.

Angwa

Validated User
Yeah, Sotorii is not the sharpest katana in the armory, and also, in the end some the actors involved hardly have the Empire's best interests at heart. On the contrary even!

Top Bottom