• The window for editing your posts has been extended from 48 hours to about two weeks or so. Please report any problems with this in Trouble Tickets.

OOC L5R 4e Distant Thunder II

Ebony

Just Here for the Food...
Validated User
So, by way of clarification, would the lynching of an ex-Scorpion be considered a crime? Ronin are, technically, still above the heimin in the Celestial Order, but they are also in that weird, hazy area near the bottom.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
So, by way of clarification, would the lynching of an ex-Scorpion be considered a crime? Ronin are, technically, still above the heimin in the Celestial Order, but they are also in that weird, hazy area near the bottom.
The Imperial Order treats those who don't surrender their Scorpion identity as beyond the law -- were the hanged man truly walking around in Scorpion accoutrements then even peasants could, in theory, apply the only real punishment: death.

Any Scorpion who has surrendered their Clan/Family and become ronin is just that -- a ronin. No further punishment. Loss of land and chattel of course, because they're ronin. No doubt there are some "persons of interest" (like Soshi Bantaro, Yogo Junzo, Shosuro Hametsu -- three Scorpion Daimyo who were not at the Coup) who should be immediately taken into custody.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
A priest of the kami at your service!

What's the deal with Togashi's Fang? Does it need to be checked thoroughly and confiscated? :p
It's a gift from the current Emperor -- I think Imperial protocol means no one can take it away!

(But mechanically, if Tengkawa casts a "self" spell with a duration it applies to Jun'Ai too, if she is close).

ronin40_4

Validated User
It's a gift from the current Emperor -- I think Imperial protocol means no one can take it away!
We technically took Kumiko away from the Emperor himself. Tengawa will be appalled by such an exhibition of unlawfulness (done without him being there).

(But mechanically, if Tengkawa casts a "self" spell with a duration it applies to Jun'Ai too, if she is close).
That's kami sent! So so so sweet! Despite having only one such spell, it will be enough, I believe, since Silent Waters allows spell storage. Tengawa will yell "Utz!", Jun'Ai will respond "What a stunt!" and just like that any spell is available!

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
That's kami sent! So so so sweet! Despite having only one such spell, it will be enough, I believe, since Silent Waters allows spell storage. Tengawa will yell "Utz!", Jun'Ai will respond "What a stunt!" and just like that any spell is available!
Oh yeah, and Jun'Ai totally is the last person who should have it. The Emperor could not have chosen a least deserving person for this gift.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Oh yeah, and Jun'Ai totally is the last person who should have it. The Emperor could not have chosen a least deserving person for this gift.
Or... ...Jun'Ai is exactly who should have it.

It sat in a room and gathered dust, for the most part, for almost ten centuries. Perhaps, all so it could be in the right place at the right time.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
I'm assuming one of us is going to take him on but out of curiosity what would be the process for that? Do we have to inform anyone? Or do we just say "Hey. this guy is my Yoriki." and go about our business?

Does anyone want to volunteer to be his Magistrate?

Top Bottom