• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

OOC L5R 4e Distant Thunder II

Ebony

Just Here for the Food...
Validated User
I don't own any of it yet. I have so much stuff that I haven't read through (thanks, Bundle of Holding) that I'm holding off on a lot of purchases, and my local store is sort of limited in the RPG side of things. Lots of Pathfinder and D&D, but not much else.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Please continue any of the convos you need to in Shiro Yogo. Including a "good bye for now" between the Magistrates and Kumiko.

Angwa, I've taken Kumiko's meeting with Joiron as "done".

I've split the party again -- Kumiko's group won't move as fast as the Magistrates, but they'll only be a few days behind when you get to Ryoko Owari.

Amagi has found the one way to hide his face without suffering the penalty for wearing masks -- but it precludes him riding a horse.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
Jun'Ai would've offered to leave Sparrow with Kumiko, to help provide food a long the way. Also I was hoping to get Sparrow some time with our Ninja Yojimbo. That can happen in the city though if you want to keep Sparrow with Jun'Ai.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
Jun'Ai would've offered to leave Sparrow with Kumiko, to help provide food a long the way. Also I was hoping to get Sparrow some time with our Ninja Yojimbo. That can happen in the city though if you want to keep Sparrow with Jun'Ai.
There is no problem "attaching" Sparrow to Kumiko.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
Sparrow isn't going to sell Kumiko's knife... He will hang onto it for her though. Sew it into his or Jun'Ai's saddle, maybe hide it in his quiver for right now. He can get the money to feed this troupe though. He knows where a money lender lives in town and exactly how to get in his house.

Leave the troupe and head back into town, wait until the early hours of the morning before breaking back into the money lenders home. Relieve him of what Koku he has locked away and probably leave a chit hanging on the wall with the rest with a clever name or add to Tomaru's chit. Then catch back up to the slower moving Ronin.

Angwa

Validated User
Heh, well, for Kumiko it is more about the gesture of transferring her loyalty anyway.

But yeah, when rereading the description of the Akodo daggers on the wiki I was struck by how fancy they are. I mean, normally the Akodo are pretty ascetic (Kumiko being a notable exception).

Sure, that description is for the original five, but I can imagine that must have set the trend of what a proper Akodo dagger would have to look like, and her family's one would certainly be an old one.

He can start a collection of mementos ;-) I can imagine Sparrow being old, boasting to his (totally unbelieving) children. 'Yeah, that mask? Bayushi Shoju's. Yup, that Shoju. Oh, and that is Kumiko's Akodo dagger, and over there..."

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
He would do it with the plan to return her family's heirloom to her. Sparrow isn't a monster, he knows how important the knife is to Kumiko.

Top Bottom