OOC L5R 4e Distant Thunder II

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
It would be cool to go to Kyuden Bayushi, just from a roleplaying perspective and visiting the city in a game. The Traitors Grove is such an iconic location that I as a player can't pass it up. Jun'Ai on the other hand would see it as a waste of time when the hunt doesn't actually lead there. From a pragmatic viewpoint there's more to learn at Ryoko Owari and this is a time sensitive issue. She would thing that the threat demands their immediate attention. I can handle that in character though while we're still proceeding to Kyuden Bayushi.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
Last edited:

Ebony

Just Here for the Food...
Validated User
Do we know how far behind us Kumiko and Hiriko are? Hiriko was the one who wanted to go to Kyuden Bayushi for her own reasons, while the rest of us wanted to research the possible plans of Junzo. She is a native guide of a sort.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
Kyuden Bayushi is very much one of the coolest cities we could possibly come too in Rokugan lol. If we can't scratch up some trouble without Hiriko then we're doing something wrong. If the castle still stands then that was the seat of power for the Bayushi Shoju and where the plot against the Emperor and the entire Coup began. Just the opportunity to go through all of that should be something our characters should be jumping at. Right now for me it's honestly just choice paralysis lol.

So many cool things!

Ebony

Validated User
Kyuden Bayushi is very much one of the coolest cities we could possibly come too in Rokugan lol. If we can't scratch up some trouble without Hiriko then we're doing something wrong. If the castle still stands then that was the seat of power for the Bayushi Shoju and where the plot against the Emperor and the entire Coup began. Just the opportunity to go through all of that should be something our characters should be jumping at. Right now for me it's honestly just choice paralysis lol.

So many cool things!
No argument there, but part of the reason we were going here was to follow up on one of her suspicions. We can do that on our own, sure, but it is an IC reason for being here. Also, splitting the party is kind of bothersome, even in a PbP game.

ClassDunce

A Proper Villain.
Validated User
We're probably a few days to a week of travel ahead of Kumiko and the Wolves. I mean we could fast forward to until they arrive but that kind of feels like a waste. Jun'Ai would totally already be out working before they get there. If we don't want to roleplay that stuff then I could write a fiction or something about Jun'Ai tracking and continuing her Bakuto investigation in the city while waiting for their arrival.

The notes, about the Bakuto, from Kitsuke Joiron probably wouldn't be far behind them. Jun'Ai would probably work on that while having some down time in the city. Testing the accuracy of them with the Bakuto here and adding her own notes to them. She would definitely try and talk to Magistrate Shinjo Kozawa about them if she finds that she trusts the magistrate.

Edit: Here's a Janky MSPaint rendering of Sparrows armor. No fine details added but you can fill those in with your imagination. The Wolf Kanji was attempted on the left knee but was hard to do crooked and free hand with a mouse is not the best way to draw anything lol.

SparrowArmor.jpg

Last edited:

Ebony

Validated User
The fact that hakama are generally baggy in design makes me think that Matajiro is wearing a hoop skirt.

Waiwode

(n)Ever Vigilant Eye
Validated User
We're probably a few days to a week...
No argument there, but part of the reason we were going here was to follow up on one of her suspicions. We can do that on our own, sure, but it is an IC reason for being here. Also, splitting the party is kind of bothersome, even in a PbP game.
We've done a LOT of split party -- the Naishou Split last year lasted a hell of a long time, and for me it's like running two games. I didn't mind, but I'm trying to do that a lot less.

The Ronin Army of 9 (6 + Kumiko & Hiriko & Amagi -- Sparrow and Miko not counted although of course they count)

The fact that hakama are generally baggy in design makes me think that Matajiro is wearing a hoop skirt.
Hakama are loose but pleated. He is wearing a turban (on his head) and sirwal (or seroual in French), Persian pants that spread to Greece, the Middle Eastern and North Africa, and India. They resemble the shorter hakama, "bloused"near the knees, that are often worn with armour.

Top Bottom