• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

Labyrinth RPG Announced

Weisenheim

Baroque Space Orc Mage
Validated User
It'll be interesting to compare it to "Girl Underground" (recently Kickstarted) which seems set up to to that kind of story in the same type of short format... From the Labyrinth RPG Twitterthread, it seems like it might be a more classic RPG in terms of mechanics and state of mind, as opposed to the PbtA Girl Underground ("challenge your manners") take on the genre.
Also in this vein is Heroine, which Kickstarted a few years back and is available on Drivethru. There's also a mythic Japanese source book for it, called Heroine of Heiankyo. I haven't gotten to play either but I have heard good things, so it's an option for something that already exists in the wild for folks who want to play out stories like this.

Geburah

Brickotherapist
Validated User
Also in this vein is Heroine, which Kickstarted a few years back and is available on Drivethru. There's also a mythic Japanese source book for it, called Heroine of Heiankyo. I haven't gotten to play either but I have heard good things, so it's an option for something that already exists in the wild for folks who want to play out stories like this.
Thanks for the heads up. I tried to find out more about the system by reviews and discussions, but they seem rare. Any idea what it's like?

KingJosh

Validated User
Labyrinth wasn’t a movie I, personally, grew up with. So, I wasn’t *too* excited for this at first.

But, that book? With the dice and bookmark bundled in?! That looks good!

soullos

Validated User
As someone who turns pages from the bottom center of the page, that hole will make it very frustrating and, I imagine, flimsy turning the page for me... o_O

Top Bottom