[Lacuna] Soundtrack Suggestions?

Rain242

Refugee from Reality
Validated User
I'm currently in the process of writing (well, actually rewriting) a Lacuna game for a convention later in the year. To this end, I've been looking around for useful threads to mine for inspiration and come across a link in this post pointing to an album by Colleen.

To my mind this conveys the atmosphere perfectly and I'll probably be getting hold of the CD to play during the session. My dilemma is that, at just under 40 minutes, it's nowhere near long enough to fill the four-hour slot.

Investigating Colleen's other albums, they don't seem as strange or 'otherworldly' as this one, so was wondering if anyone could suggest anything that might be suitable to fill the rest of the session. I've been considering cherry-picking some appropriate tracks from NIN's Ghosts I-IV, but think this might be a bit too well known.

Has anyone found anything suitable for their own games, or can recommend something appropriate?

Thanks in advance...

TSL

Loremaster
Validated User
Vangelis - the definitive collection of his Blade Runner material is perfect.

Whatever the soundtrack to "Inception" ends up being. ;)

Matt Sheridan

Minus 10 horse points.
Validated User
Man, it really depends on what sort of tone you want to go for. I think Ghosts I-IV is a great call, but if you want to go darker, you could check out some Lustmord or Sunn O))).

It might be good to just mess around on Pandora or Last.fm for a little bit, plugging in various ambient/instrumental/soundtrack artists.

EDIT: Oh, and if you can dig up any old Delia Derbyshire stuff--other than the Doctor Who theme, that is--I think some of that would work extremely well for a dreamlike atmosphere.

Numbers Stations? You can find a huge number of recordings here, and they are totally head bendy.
Oh, man, that is brilliantly crazy. All the interference and signal-overlap going on in those things could be a really, really nice element.

Last edited:

erithromycin

Validated User
Oh, man, that is brilliantly crazy. All the interference and signal-overlap going on in those things could be a really, really nice element.
Since then I've been looking for recordings of ECG results. No luck, but even a metronome would do to unsettle. Lacuna is tremendously well served by arrhythmia. Actually, two metronomes, wandering in and out of sync might work...

Top Bottom