(Lamentations of the Flame Princess) Anyone have some sample characters?

Pare

Mikko Parviainen
Validated User
Well, it probably takes about 10-15 minutes to roll up a character with it. More time if you need to figure out the spells, less if not.

Probably buying equipment takes the longest time, unless it's hard to make up the name.

With only the fighters getting better to fight, and proper adventures, first level characters are enough for most purposes.

thadrine

Pooped today
Validated User
I work about 85hrs a week until the game. And will not be home until then. Just wishing more designers would make up demo kits.

Pare

Mikko Parviainen
Validated User
Sorry for being quite snarky there.

Anyway, you might consider letting the demo players roll up the characters. It's not a long process and even though the character mortality might be high, they can be more attached to characters they rolled up themselves.

Depending on what kind of a demo adventure it is, you might even let players make new characters when the characters die in the course of the adventure. I once ran a D&D Cyclopedia game in a quite fast and loose manner, with first-level characters. One of the characters died in the adventure. The player then made a new one, it took like ten minutes. When she was ready, the other characters were just exploring the kobold lair's jail, and conveniently bumped over the newly-created character, who then joined the party.

Imban

Validated User
It looks like the kind of game where you could roll characters very quickly. If you really don't have any time and you don't want people to do it at the convention - which seems like it would be ignoring one of the strengths of the system, but eh - I could make a batch of characters of whatever level in probably an hour or two. Give me a level and about how many characters you'd want and I'll whip some up for you if you're really busy.

thadrine

Pooped today
Validated User
I would love to let them make there own characters, but the guys I have signed up took almost 2 hours to make Dungeon World characters the last time we played. And if you have played that game it is literally a just 3 check marks on a questionnaire, they are a little slow.

Imban

Validated User
Impressive. Well, as I said, give me a level of choice and a number of characters you want and I'll post some sheets here fairly quickly.

Imban

Validated User
Here's a dwarf. I rolled pretty terribly for everything but money.

Class: Dwarf
Level: 1
Alignment: Neutral
Current XP: 0
XP for next Level: 2,200

HP: 6
Melee Armor Class: 18
Ranged Armor Class: 19
Armor Class Without Shield: 17
Surprised Armor Class: 14
Save vs. Paralyze: 10
Save vs. Poison: 8
Save vs. Breath Weapon: 13
Save vs. Magical Device: 9
Save vs. Magic: 12

Base Attack Bonus: +1
Melee Attack Bonus: +2
Ranged Attack Bonus: +2
Surprise Chance: 2 in 6

Weapons:
Medium Weapon (+2 to hit, 1d8 damage)

Charisma: 12 (+0)
Constitution: 12 (+1)
Dexterity: 13 (+1)
Intelligence: 9 (+0)
Strength: 14 (+1)
Wisdom: 13 (+1)

Skills:
Architecture: 3 in 6
Bushcraft: 1 in 6
Climb: 1 in 6
Languages: 1 in 6
Open Doors: 2 in 6
Search: 1 in 6
Sleight of Hand: 1 in 6
Sneak Attack: 1 in 6
Stealth: 1 in 6
Tinkering: 1 in 6

Equipment:
Chain Armor
Shield
Medium Weapon
Backpack (non-encumbering)
Bedroll
50' of Rope
4 Torches
Tinderbox
3 sp 6 cp

Encumbrance:
Chain Armor: +1
Carrying 10 Encumbering Items: +0
1 - Unencumbered (120' explore, 40' combat, 120' running, 24 miles/day)

Last edited:
Top Bottom