• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Lancer RPG - awesome looking Mech game, free beta

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Reading through the pre-release rules, I like it. The amount of mechs and systems in there is staggering. And so far all the mechs have a distinct identity and purpose.

CitizenKeen

Rules Lawyer
Validated User
And with each one having some really awesome art.

What really sells me on the diverse options are the NPCs. Their handling of NPC roles and builds is equally impressive but I think far less acknowledged.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
What really sells me on the diverse options are the NPCs. Their handling of NPC roles and builds is equally impressive but I think far less acknowledged.
I'm not there yet. Currently reading through the absolutely wonderful weirdness that is Horus mechs.

Kelton

Son of Excluded middle
Validated User
Pegasus mech is worth the price of entry alone.
Pegasus alone mech entry is the price of worth.
Entr mech is the price. Pegasus alone is worthy

I was not sold on Horus initially, but it is growing on me.

Pieta

Very custom
Validated User
Lancer is a game where you play
  • Blades in the Dark when you’re not in your mech, with downtime actions and narrative risky positioning and all,
  • 4th Edition D&D when you’re in your mech,
  • using Shadow of the Demon Lord’s core resolution mechanic.
It's a little weird that the game is obviously full of 4e-isms, but unlike with SotDL, Blades in the Dark and Battletech, 4e gets no shoutout at the start.

Dromio

Validated User
I'm a bit confused about the Kickstarter. The 2$ level on the Campaign page says you get "Any future digital stretch goals, Any future social stretch goals, Long Rim Mechs". But in the main text of the campaign it says "Everyone who backs this campaign at the PDF tier (25$) or higher will have access to any and all digital stretch rewards." Those two things seem at odds.

I tried to search the comments, but didn't find an answer. Maybe "future digital stretch goals" isn't the same as "digital stretch rewards"?

Stork!

Wish I was a hippo.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
It's a little weird that the game is obviously full of 4e-isms, but unlike with SotDL, Blades in the Dark and Battletech, 4e gets no shoutout at the start.
That's my one sour note with this. This is the game I've always wanted but part of the reason it is, is that it's core is 4th edition D&D. I'm sure it's just that 4th ed is polarizing enough that it's better not to mention it but it makes me sad.

Top Bottom