• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Larian Studios (Divinity: OS) teases Baldur's Gate 3

Njorhg

Validated User
I'll admit a part of me was a little disappointed to hear it would be turned based. I am one of those weirdos who likes RTwP. But I like turned based too and I think it would be mistake for Larian to move away from what they know (plus, I think us weirdos are very much in the minority).
There hasn't been any specific answer to if it will be turn-based or not. There's been wider statements about doing their own thing, like how they're removing the chance to miss on to-hit rolls. It's more idle speculation, motivated by fans who would embrace the change and those would be disappointed by it.

JerekKruger

Tall
Validated User
There hasn't been any specific answer to if it will be turn-based or not. There's been wider statements about doing their own thing, like how they're removing the chance to miss on to-hit rolls. It's more idle speculation, motivated by fans who would embrace the change and those would be disappointed by it.
Huh, I could swear that they said it would be turned based in this interview, but upon listening to it again on 2x speed I can't find it, so presumably I imagined it.

Leonaru

Taxidermic Owlbear
Validated User
I think it's going to be a Realms game that is Baldur's Gate 3 in name only. Maybe they will throw in some cameos, but trying to continue the plot of Throne of Bhaal would feel forced.

Joel_B

Validated User
How is it going to compromise between BG canon with 5e Fearun canon (not that I really know anything about the later, but I remember 4e being pretty much entirely incompatible with it)? Are the planes out there in their 2e planescape configuration like they were in BG1-2? Is CHARNAME hanging out there as a deity or is Bhaals essence stuck within Mount Celestia?

Last edited:

JerekKruger

Tall
Validated User
Is CHARNAME hanging out there as a deity or is Bhaals essence stuck within Mount Celestia?
I would assume that they'll make the non-godly ending canonical to avoid having to deal with this. They could certainly have CHARNAME's mortal fingerprints be left around the world however (if CHARNAME was an elf they could still be alive, but I'd guess they'll again canonicise them to be human).

Top Bottom