• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Latin translation: "anything for a price"

Bicorn

Validated User
I need a Latin motto for a group in my campaign again. "Anything for a price", in the sense that anything can be arranged if you can pay enough.

Bicorn

Validated User
Sorry, I should have specified I wanted answers from people who actually speak Latin. I can use Google myself, thank you very much.

Faciemus aliquid ad pecuniam.
We'll do anything for money.
I was looking more for the sense of "sell", rather than "do". Would it still be grammatical if you left the "faciemus" out?

neutrondecay

An Experience
RPGnet Member
Validated User
To clarify: "aliquid" means "something/anything/an arbitrary thing"; "omnia" means "everything/all things". Which phrase you choose depends on which meaning matches your intention more closely.

nd

Bicorn

Validated User
To clarify: "aliquid" means "something/anything/an arbitrary thing"; "omnia" means "everything/all things". Which phrase you choose depends on which meaning matches your intention more closely.
Hmm. I suppose either could work.
For a bit of background, it's for a citystate that gets almost all its income from tourism and selling of luxuries, and tries to offer pretty much any kind of items or entertainment the guests might desire. It's also understood that while they do have rules, how far they can be bent depends mainly on how much you pay.

neutrondecay

An Experience
RPGnet Member
Validated User
How about "Quodcumque aliquid hic ematur" - "Anything whatsoever may be bought here"?

nd

ChariotDriver

Validated User
I was looking more for the sense of "sell", rather than "do". Would it still be grammatical if you left the "faciemus" out?
That would be Vendiamo rather than Faciemus, We Sell. Or venderemo, we will sell. Vendiamo Omnia, We Sell Everything.

Top Bottom