• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Legend of the Five Rings LCG Thread]

Scutarii

Validated User
That first rotation (were on 3 cycles right now?) will be where I bow out I think. It will give me a complete game, 7 clans worth of variety and an obvious break point. I have only 1 local opponent so don’t play a huge amount and it’s tough to justify ever more cards!

Crumbs

Validated User
I hit that point as well.

I could get more games in when AEG was the publisher even though the game is light years better with FFG producing it.

My normal opponent moved and everyone else who plays is super inconsistent outside of events and driving an hour to another store and them not being there sucks.

Yo! Master

"Delicious"
RPGnet Member
Validated User

Glad to see O-Ushi donning more armour than her usual older depictions. ;) The hammer, of course, stayed

Last edited:

Scutarii

Validated User

Glad to see O-Ushi donning more armour than her usual older depictions. ;)
That is gorgeous artwork. I wish I could just get those card backs wihtout having to order specifically from them. No discount+postage overseas is quite a lot.

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Oh hey, the rotation schedule was announced.

Looks like they're learning and it's a LOT faster.
Rotation events trigger when the first pack of the fifth legal cycle comes out, and it takes out the oldest two cycles.
Core sets stick around until a new core set comes out.
Same with Clan Packs, so if a faction gets a second clan pack the old one will rotate.
Premium expansions (like Children of the Empire) don't have a specific schedule but they *can* rotate. It'll be announced ahead of time if/when they will.
Given my girlfriend just decided she would like to play the game after seeing the pretty box art at the store, knowing I don't have to buy all the packs if I want to go to events is good. Now to find where I put my two core sets so I can learn the rules by Saturday.

Scutarii

Validated User
Given my girlfriend just decided she would like to play the game after seeing the pretty box art at the store, knowing I don't have to buy all the packs if I want to go to events is good. Now to find where I put my two core sets so I can learn the rules by Saturday.
Welcome aboard!

I am continually impressed by how good the game is for a casual player like me, hopefully you'll both have a good time with it as well :)

carvincustom

Social Justice Rogue
Validated User
Welcome aboard!

I am continually impressed by how good the game is for a casual player like me, hopefully you'll both have a good time with it as well :)
I've loved L5R since Anvil and Jade. Hell it got me into going to cons and demoing for AEG. What will be surprising is if it catches on with my girlfriend, she's got a bad memory so if the game is complicated, she'll bounce right off.

Top Bottom