• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Legends of Anglerre] Wither the Companion?

Fistful Of Dice

...and a poor attitude.
Validated User
Has there been any word on the LoA Companion? Last I (or Amazon) heard, it was supposed to come out back in September...

Shaira

Validated User
Hi everyone,

The Legends of Anglerre Companion is in layout at the moment. I saw the first couple of chapters on Monday, and they were looking great. I'm hoping we'll be going to the printer in a couple of weeks; we *may* make before Christmas, but with the vagaries of publishing and shipping over the Christmas period, to be honest my guess is that we'll just be the other side, so very early January.

It's a bumper beast with a cracking Ralph Horsley cover and stuffed with all kinds of fantasy Fate goodness, new critters, scenarios, rules, maps, cities... Thanks for waiting for it - we hope you'll like what you see! :D

Cheers,

Sarah

zcthu3

Validated User
Sounds good timing - I am in the process of winding up my current campaign (this chapter anyway) for Christmas and am tossing up what to run starting next year. Legends is one of the things on that list so having the companion available would be great. I tend to be pdf for supplements now - can I presume the pdf will be available at the same time as the hard copy?

Fistful Of Dice

...and a poor attitude.
Validated User
Hi everyone,

The Legends of Anglerre Companion is in layout at the moment. I saw the first couple of chapters on Monday, and they were looking great. I'm hoping we'll be going to the printer in a couple of weeks; we *may* make before Christmas, but with the vagaries of publishing and shipping over the Christmas period, to be honest my guess is that we'll just be the other side, so very early January.

It's a bumper beast with a cracking Ralph Horsley cover and stuffed with all kinds of fantasy Fate goodness, new critters, scenarios, rules, maps, cities... Thanks for waiting for it - we hope you'll like what you see! :D

Cheers,

Sarah
Awesome! Thanks for the update!

Matt Sheridan

Minus 10 horse points.
Validated User
Hi everyone,

Cheers,

Sarah
God, I love how you Cubicle 7 folks swoop in to answer questions like this.

I remember hearing, a long while back--before the main LoA book was released, even--that the Companion was planned to feature expanded rules on organizations. Is that still in there? I just think that's a cool area of the game which deserves--and maybe needs--more development.

By the way, I finally got around to picking the book up just recently. I am constantly blown away by its overflowing toolbox exuberance. It crackles with possibility. Wonderful work!

KungFuJon

Ordo Alea
Validated User
Honestly not trying to threadjack...trust me, this is related.

I am happy to hear an update about LoA Companion, and Sarah has always been good about responding. But, is there any word on the GM screen? My friend and I pre-ordered that at the beginning of the year and have neither seen/nor heard anything yet. The Starblazers one is beautiful and printed on amazingly strong stock. Is it in line for production after the Companion?

Tahmoh

archietype of insanity
Validated User
Awesome! i can pick up both the main rulebook and companion at roughly the same time as the new edition of clockwork and chivalry then :)

McWolfe

Validated User
While I love the products from Cubicle, this product has taken far to long to get printed. My gf bought it for me last september -10, with the then promise that it was supposed to be published later that fall. Then it turned to christmas, early spring, late spring, then it became quiet for a while. When I wrote to them and asked I was told "october". It is now november, and now it seems it won't be this year at all.

I'm sorry, that is no way to conduct a business. I realise that sometimes things get delayed, and I'm guessing that the One Ring took a lot of resources to get published, but missing the original mark with more than 18 months is a bit to much. Especially when we've been given numerous dates over the last year and a half.

So, while I'm glad that the C7-guys (and girls) hang around here and are good at replying, but I am disappointed that you once again failed to meet a set deadline.

/McWolfe

Adammar

Validated User
I also would like to see a bit more support for the product line. I think the game is great but wanted a bit more to help get my hands around the system. The companion sounded like that it would help do that but a sample adventure would have helped while waiting.

Top Bottom