• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Legends of Tomorrow 1x01] Pilot - Part 1

Falke

From the Deep!
Validated User
I think I'm going to love this show. It was a fun ride. Heatwave is hilarious. Whichever writer thought to have HIM put on Captain and Teneille deserves a raise. That was some random and wacky shit to pull.

dmjalund

Polychromatic Pikathulhu
Validated User
The reason you don't kill Savage as a baby because he has been too involved in so many historical events that history would unfurl very differently if he weren't there

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Think they'll explain HOW Vandal Savage came back, how Malcolm Merlyn resurrected him, assuming that's what he was doing with that Vandal dust after Legends of Yesterday?
They did.
They said that unless killed by one of the Hawks Vandal will regeneratefrom a single cell.
I guess Ra's was making sure that cell survives.

Fedifensor

Validated User
The reason you don't kill Savage as a baby because he has been too involved in so many historical events that history would unfurl very differently if he weren't there
Or you heed Rip's warning that time travel is harder on the body the further you go back. 4000 years would probably kill everyone on board.

Coyote's Own

Former ACME QA Tester.
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Or you heed Rip's warning that time travel is harder on the body the further you go back. 4000 years would probably kill everyone on board.
There the question when he meant the distant "traveled for the start of journey" or "distance traveled from the travelers point of Origin".
If it the first the you can reach any time if do it short jumps taking time off along the way.

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Hm, but looking at it from the POV of being outside the time stream, as I presume the Time Masters are, killing him at any point prior to him taking over the world - which undoubtedly would have far-reaching and long-lasting consequences - is going to alter history dramatically. From the POV of 2166 or whatever, sure, killing him just before isn't such a huge deal, but I imagine there are centuries and millennia after that that will be significantly changed.

Or maybe this is why one shouldn't think about time travel too much...

Spatula

More Ideas Than Time
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Think they'll explain HOW Vandal Savage came back, how Malcolm Merlyn resurrected him, assuming that's what he was doing with that Vandal dust after Legends of Yesterday?
I thought they did explain it - unless the Hawks kill him, he will come back. At Rip Hunter said something to that effect. Malcolm doesn't have to be involved, and for Rip to be correct, probably shouldn't be. "He will come back... providing some villain preserves his remains and does <???>" doesn't have quite the same sense of destiny for the Hawks.

Seiberwing

Swift as a coursing river
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Validated User
So...Captain Cold and White Canary.

I can dig this ship.

(I think Heatwave was digging the ship too.)

jimthegray

Validated User
She's never been specifically stated as being bisexual (I recall interviews with the showrunners saying that they didn't want to out-and-out apply a label to her), but she was in a meaningful relationship with Nyssa Al Ghul while she was in the League of Shadows, and it was serious enough that Nyssa went on a rampage looking for Sara's killer... but that didn't seem to impair her getting back together with Oliver for a while.
the actress also had a post on facebook about her character mentioning that she was bi

Andrew Sheeler

Crime Fighter
Validated User
I guess I should clarify. I was more meaning, I wonder if Merlyn/Ra's al Ghul will feature at all in Legends of Tomorrow as a foil or antagonist.

Top Bottom