• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Legion 3x06] Chapter 25

Toa

Freilanzer
Validated User
Discussion thread for the sixth episode of Legion's final season, "Chapter 25".

Just the normal reminder that spoiling past episodes is fair game. Please do not post any spoilers for upcoming episodes, except in tags or blocks! Also please put spoilers for any other series in spoiler tags unless it's more than two weeks past its airing date if you don't mind. Much appreciated!

Toa

Freilanzer
Validated User
I guess I'm on a delayed schedule for this series thanks to FOX licensing terms over here in Europe, so I'm sorry if there's not much need to discuss an old episode.

Either way, that was an odd episode even by Legion standards. It's interesting they still take their time for stuff like this before building up a proper series finale. I only commited to watching this properly sometime last month, so it was a wild ride catching up.

The only thing I specifically disliked was the Charles Xavier episode, which I feel didn't add much, but kinda "dated" the so far anachronistic show by having Charles fight a German soldier in the war.

P.S.: Big surprise having Jason Mantzoukas join the cast out of nowhere.

Tyrmatfrage

Validated User
This was my favorite episode of the season, maybe even the series. It made me realize how much I’ve missed Melanie and Oliver, and the rap battle was fantastic.

Susanoo Orbatos

Social Justice Mindflayer
Validated User
I guess I'm on a delayed schedule for this series thanks to FOX licensing terms over here in Europe, so I'm sorry if there's not much need to discuss an old episode.

Either way, that was an odd episode even by Legion standards. It's interesting they still take their time for stuff like this before building up a proper series finale. I only commited to watching this properly sometime last month, so it was a wild ride catching up.

The only thing I specifically disliked was the Charles Xavier episode, which I feel didn't add much, but kinda "dated" the so far anachronistic show by having Charles fight a German soldier in the war.

P.S.: Big surprise having Jason Mantzoukas join the cast out of nowhere.

I'm going to point out now I think the Anachronism is built on the fact that the setting has always had time travelers and time eaters. Its both a thematic choice and reveals something In Universe. Time has been chewed on that's why "modern day" is a jumble of the 60s and 2010s....

Grumpygoat

Validated User
I'm usually pretty "meh" on Jason Mantzoukas, but he was the perfect casting for this role.

Toa

Freilanzer
Validated User
Well, my Sky subscription just renewed itself before I could cancel, so I guess that solves my hangup about whether I should keep subscribing just for the last two episodes of Legion. ;)

Also, while I'm here, to me the show felt more like it tried to emulate the 70s rather than the 60s.

Paul Watson

Validated User
Well, my Sky subscription just renewed itself before I could cancel, so I guess that solves my hangup about whether I should keep subscribing just for the last two episodes of Legion. ;)
I don't imagine you're regret it. I watched the finale earlier this evening, and I have no idea what I could say about it that wouldn't be a spoiler, so I'll just say Legion goes on my list of shows that "stuck the landing."

Top Bottom