• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Let's list the ways Kevin J Anderson Ruined Star Wars

Armchair Gamer

In fairness to Kevin J Anderson he did:

1) Leave Pellaeon in command of the Empire (Darksaber)

2) Give Pellaeon his awesome mustache (also in Darksaber.)
I'll give you 1, but the moustache shows up in the illustrations of Pellaeon in the WEG sourcebooks for the Thrawn Trilogy. IIRC.

GabrielK

No puppet! No puppet!
Validated User
Sith were 'the bad guys' from frame one of Star Wars (well, darned near frame one, anyway).
Personally, I like my Sith two dimensionally evil. That works for Star Wars IMO. The bad guys are bad because they're...just bad. It's good enough for me, and it was good enough for the Pilgrims when they first settled America and watched Star Wars.

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
He also...

1. Was one half of the YJK, creating a viable next generation of characters that Del Rey pissed down the drain.

2. Wrote 'Tales of the Jedi: Redemption, one of the best stories from that eraand a definitive tale of atonement.

3. Took one of the only good things from Crystal Star, Lusa, expanded her role.

4. Wrote the Jedi Academy Trilogy, one of the foundations of the EU. Three damned fine books.

And for the record? I liked Wedge/Qui Xux and found them breaking up in 'Starfighters of Adumar' to be poorly written at best.

Rand Brittain

Go on until you're stopped.
RPGnet Member
Banned
Validated User
Darksaber was a plot idea that was impossible to make boring, and which was somehow made boring.

Seriously, I don't know how you fuck that up. The back cover copy basically wrote the book for you, and yet somehow the whole thing is one of the worst books ever. It's the Blade: Trinity of books.
I honestly thought Darksaber was pretty entertaining as a comedy, where a group of villains attempt to rebuild the Death Star on a budget and end up with a deadly superweapon that doesn't actually work.

Chaotic Confused

Validated User
This. You can nail KJA on a lot of shit, but this ain't one of them. Sith were 'the bad guys' from frame one of Star Wars (well, darned near frame one, anyway).

Qwa'ha Xahn
The sith didn't really exist in the original trilogy, did they. They're an invention of the prequels.

Cult Classic

A cautionary tale
Validated User
I'm not familiar with the works of Kevin J Anderson, but I find it impossible to believe that anyone can screw up Star Wars worse than Lucas himself did in the prequels...

RK_Striker_JK_5

Validated User
I'm not familiar with the works of Kevin J Anderson, but I find it impossible to believe that anyone can screw up Star Wars worse than Lucas himself did in the prequels...
He didn't. A lot of the hate to me seems pretty exaggerated. Perfect author and works? No. But a lot more fun and a lot better than given credit.

Top Bottom