• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Play] Fire Emblem : Genealogy of the Holy War

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Cleaning up a party is Warping all the people who haven't finished their arena Home.

I gave the greater share of that task to Aideen because I really wanted her to promote this chapter.

....which paid off

Er, Ethlyn got a couple of level ups too.

Finally!

Thank you!

Yes! Of course I want it now!

Beautiful!

Promotion bonus in Genealogy are generally pretty tasty, although I think this is one of the best (+7 to Strength, Defense and Skill and +4 to Speed?). The bonus also work so that if you'd already capped a stat in your unpromoted class, those stats will still be capped in the promoted one.
ClassHPStrMagSklSpdLckDefRes
Master Knight8027222727302722

And those are her class caps. They are really good for a Cavalry class. You can expect her to run into her Strength cap easily, she's already at 24. With how much Spd she's picked up, she might even run into that one too.

Caps aren't a very big deal for Gen 1, but it does become a pertinent information for Gen 2, which is why I've been talking about it here and now.

The Rank 7 opponent in the archery track is Marilyn.

Jamke had a lot of issues beating her. Had to borrow back the Killer Bow to do so.

My headcanon: She's from Verdane, she's taught him archery from back when he was a kid and is trying to convince him to go back to Verdane, assumes the throne and throw away the invading Grannvalians.

Jamke won't do it. He feels guilty about not managing to convince his father and king, and then having him get murdered while he joined Sigurd, so he doesn't think he should try to crown himself before he feels like the situation got improved. Also outright rebellion would not work out, right now. And there's the matter of Aideen.

Eventually he wins the fight to convince her of his determination.

Erin also finishes the arena.

And it's Aideen's turn to promote!

After Lachesis, I'm disappointed Oifey doesn't say "Priestly done, you're now able to change class to High Priest!" (Highly done?)

Not as impressive as the Master Knight bonus, but that +5 Magic is certainly appreciable.

ClassHPStrMagSklSpdLckDefRes
High Priest8015272423301823

The High Priest class is one of the class that got the most screwed up. They have lower caps that almost any Magic using class. Even Mag isn't the highest (Sage gets 30), their Resistance is ridiculously low for a class that typically features high Res (and it can be a factor because status effect Staves are limited by the enemy's Res) and they have a slightly lower Move to boot. Besides an A rank in Staves, it gives a C rank in the Anima magic types; and it doesn't grant any new Skills (which several other magic using class do).

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User

The reason I wanted to promote Aideen right away was so she could do the Chap 2 Arena.

I gave her Azel's old Fire tome that he doesn't use anymore. (Azel won't mind).

For the money, mostly.

Oh cool. There's unique wording when the broken weapon is a tome.

Finishing up the arena for Lachesis is laughably easy now.

Sylvia Miracle abused herself into a few victory as well.

Including some rather unlikely ones.

That's something that happens often with Sylvia. She often does barely any damage at all, but Miracle can get her to 0 Hit so she'll literally dance around her opponent doing 1 ping damage at a time until they die from exhaustion, and, well... that uses up weapons a lot.

Even some very unlikely ones...

I JUST HAD THIS ONE FIXED! COME ON!

I also got Deirdre to do some amazing Miracle abuse. There she is beating up the rank 7 opponent thanks to it.

(Before him, I had to engineer it on purpose. I got her hurt in the arena, then waited a few turns for the natural regen to bring her to a total of HP where Miracle would get triggered once she takes a blow from her opponent. If you don't mind wasting a few turns it's one of the way to really abuse Miracle).

Holyn never got to beat his replacement in the arena. The guy must have been bitter because he always felt like he deserved the spot more but Holyn was in place... and well, turns out he was right.

And we're done!

And our reward for keeping those guys alive! The Knight band, as it says, it grants Canto to a unit that doesn't have it naturally.

Personally, I've never not given it to the Dancer, because you haven't truly used a Fire Emblem Dancer until you've got a Dancer who can move 8 spaces, Dance four people and can Canto away and only in Genealogy and the Tellius games can you ever do that; and it is the best.

However you can weight in if you prefer to get another unit to grab it. I guess it might help Dew or make Ayra into more of a hit & run unit.

The thing, though, is that the Ring is pretty expensive, at 40,000 Gold. In fact, I won't be able to give it to Sylvia right away unless Dew gives her all his money. (which, hmm, maybe I should have planned for this better. Oh well.)

But we have a lot of loot to redistribute at the beginning of chap 3, anyway, so i'll try to address this more broadly a bit later.

Eldigan: No matter how unwise his decisions, no matter how ill his temper, I cannot sit in silence and allow my liege to die.

Sigurd: Hm? Eldigan?! You're safe! Thank the gods! I've been looking everywhere for you, since I heard you'd been arrested.

Eldigan: I suppose I was... But what is the meaning of this, Sigurd? Why is your army swarming the capital the first thing I find upon release? Why are reports saying our castes are now under the rule of Grannvale officers, as if we are a mere tributary state? I'm indisposed for barely any time at all, only to find Grannvale has made itself at home in Agustria behind my back! There had better be a damned good explanation for all of this, Sigurd, or there will be consequences.

(well... this is awkward. Gotta love Eldigan "i've been away for FIVE MINUTES and you've conquered my country".)

Sigurd: I'm so sorry, Eldigan. You're absolutely right: none of this makes sense to me either. As if out of nowhere, the entirety of Agustria suddenly turned against us. We had no choice. I've been ordered to remain here with my army for the time being, to maintain peace and order. Eldigan, please. I know this is a dreadful situation, but one year is all I need. I can restore the country's peace to normal and repair our diplomatic ties, but only if I'm allowed time to do it. Once our time is through, we'll leave your country with no objections. My king and I pledge our word.

Eldigan: Hm... I suppose I've little choice but to take you at your word. Very well: you have your year. I shall relocate the king to the northern Madino Castle for his own protection. I'll also leave my Cross Knights stationed at Fort Silvail. Offer even the slightest provocation, and your forces will have us to answer to. Remember, I'm holding you to your word. Break your promise, and we will break you. Do I make myself clear, Sigurd?

Sigurd: Of course. You know I'm not about to betray you. Please, Eldigan. You have to trust me!

I would find Sigurd so hard to deal with. Because, you know, he's good people, he's very well intentioned, he has a solid moral backbone and knows to listen to people. And he doesn't seem to realize that his actions will have consequences. How he says none of it makes sense to him either, like he didn't take part in any of this? And sure, you've got a bunch of scumbag Agustrian lords to blame, and the Lopt sect manipulating shit in the background, and don't you forget Grannvalian intrigues either... but he was the guy on the ground. He was the one who led the army to conquer Agustria. And Verdane. To invade one country may be regarded as an accident of circumstances, to invade two starts looking like imperialism.

Last edited:

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
OOops. I also still wanted to post how far along everyone got in the arena at the end of Chap 2

You can also see their money, although I've started putting people through Chap 3 arena and made some item adjustment as well.

And in case you wonder how long it took:

Last edited:

Contraire

Validated User
But what is the meaning of this, Sigurd? Why is your army swarming the capital the first thing I find upon release? Why are reports saying our castes are now under the rule of Grannvale officers, as if we are a mere tributary state? I'm indisposed for barely any time at all, only to find Grannvale has made itself at home in Agustria behind my back! There had better be a damned good explanation for all of this, Sigurd, or there will be consequences.
🤩 Eldigan is the best, second only to his sister.

Eldigan's first retort to Sigurd, about taking care to get the king to safety despite his faults, reads to me a bit like a reply to Lachesis' "not my king" during her fight with Chagall (which is interesting, btw; because Lachesis took up weapons against her king, her very much still-alive-at-the-end-of-the-chapter king, which more or less throws her in hot water there, one would assume). I headcanon either that Eldigan heard about it and is reacting to that, or he and Lachesis had a conversation before he found Sigurd.

It's even more interesting when you take into account the stuff villagers tell you: you've got an unpopular king, a very popular lord, and the lord's sister who's allied with the invaders and rejects the authority of the king. Agustrian politics are way more interesting and complex than Verdane.

And in the same chapter we also got the stuff about Arvis being blackmailed (or at least in danger, should his Lopt ancestry be revealed) and the fact that people rumored to have Lopt ancestry are "hunted".

And the Lewyn thing.

It always feels like Chapter 2 has a lot going on - and that's not even counting the practical aspect of running all over the map.

Yes! Of course I want it now!
lachesis.png haughtytroubadour.png

Personally, I've never not give it to the Dancer, because you haven't truly used a Fire Emblem Dancer until you've got a Dancer who can move 8 spaces, Dance four people and can Canto away and only in Genealogy and the Tellius games can you ever do that; and it is the best.
Yeah, voting for Sylvia too.

And he doesn't seem to realize that his actions will have consequences.
Sigurd in a nutshell. It's obvious that he means well; but most of his arguments are infuriating, when you pay attention. "As if out of nowhere, the entirety of Agustria turned against us..." Except Sigurd is the one who launched an invasion on Agustria, and he's always the one pushing forward, at every turn. He marched into Agustria, started seizing castles, and now it's like he can't possibly imagine why the Agustrian lords wouldn't let him. The only threat on his base castle is the attack by the pegknights - who aren't Agustrian troops.

(Let's leave aside the issue that his talk with Lewyn already covers some of the same ground, which makes Sigurd look more willfully clueless than if this were the first time the topic was broached. Still, two talks in the same chapter feature people telling Sigurd off for not thinking about the consequences of his war, that's gotta mean that the game wants us to pay attention to that.)

Basically Sigurd would benefit from political advisors, not merely a teenaged military tactician. You'd think that's what Quan is for.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Lewyn and Forseti

So, I'm going to talk about Erin's options of Lovers in a minute (I'm doing Erin because she's got all her predestined already, Sylvia is still waiting on one dude), but I wanted to go over Lewyn's options to transmit his Major Holy Blood and Weapon first, so you have perspectives going ahead.

There are three potential mothers to Lewyn's son who can inherit Forseti, as I mentioned, and they all have at least the one minimum additional Talk to rate as a predestined Lover.

They are: Sylvia, Erin, and a character not yet introduced which I will refer to as W (because she's got the Wrath skill).

In term of narrative, Erin is heavily favored, netting a total of 4 additional Talks when you do the pairing (compared to 2 with Sylvia and just 1 with W). Of those, two Talks give additional stat boost to both children. (The pairing is so favored narratively that Thracia 776, Genealogy's Interquel, actually canonized it). Sylvia and W both have one Talk that gives an additional stat boost to one of the children (in W's case, the only Talk you get from doing the pairing). In term of quality, I wouldn't call any of them badly written.

In term of gameplay, either Erin or W are very good options; with Sylvia being the distinctively suboptimal option.

In Erin's case, her son is a Sage (aka the best magic using class of the game) that arrives in mid-to-late game. He'll enjoy the benefit of Erin & Lewyn's Skills, so Pursuit, Adept and Critical, and high caps, for a Forseti that can be very useful throughout all the late game.

In W's case, her son is a Mage (like Azel) available from early game and who'll eventually promote into a cavalry mage with high mobility but lower cap, and who'll have Adept, Critical and Wrath for skill, but noticeably, no Pursuit. W's son is great for early use of Forseti and great mobility, but lower caps and no Pursuit will make him perform a little bit less during endgame, comparatively.

Either way, they'll be awesome because Forseti is a great weapon.

In Sylvia's case, her son is one of the last recruitment in the game, just before the beginning of the endgame, recruited at a very low level, belonging to the Priest class. Which means first you need to train him very quickly very fast to promote him before he even gains access to Forseti, and even then, you have someone in a class with overall lower caps and bad Move. And that's why it's noticeably the worst option of the three. Forseti is still a great weapon once he'll finally get to use it, at least.

Now onto: analyzing the things from Erin's children perspective.

Erin and her children

Erin's children are a daughter in the pegasus knight class, available from early game; and a prepromote Sage available from late mid game. Noticeably, the Sage will have good enough bases from being a prepromote, with both Pursuit from his mother and Adept from his class, and comes with such a good tome (a C rank Light magic tome, which enjoys as much might as B anima tomes, but has Weapon Triangle Advantage over them) that he's impossible to screw up even if he never picks up any Magic growth.

Erin's predestined Lovers are Lewyn, Noish and Arden.

Lewyn gives the kids a bit of Magic growth, lots of Speed and Skill, the Critical skill (and in the daughter's case, Adept without needing to wait for her promotion); and two stat boosting Talks, giving +3 Luck to the son, and +5 Strength to the daughter (although the latter happens just before endgame). Overall, the daughter won't be the most offensively good Pegasus Knight, but she should handle herself well because the class is very flexible and worth investing in given its niche and eventually that +5 Str should make up for any lack at this point, and the son will turn from the pretty good unit he is at base to a Demi God on the battlefield. And as previously said, it's a very strong option narratively.

Noish gives the kids good Strength and Defense growth and the Critical and Duel skill. It's a slightly better option for the pegasus knight in term of overall growth, and Critical and Duel are good enough offensive skill that it's still a good pairing for the son, in addition to what he starts with. Writing wise, they'll have one Talk.

Arden gives the kids good Strength and Defense, but his Vantage is a bit less of a good fit for them. Still they should both be fine to use. They'll also have one Talk.

If you look outside of the box of predestined Lovers for Erin, one interesting option is the Priest who I already mentioned when I talked about Aideen's option. The Priest will give both kids a high magic and resistance growth, and more rank up in Staff. While it won't help the daughter's Strength, she could still rely on Magic swords for offense output; and higher Staff rank means you get a flying unit who could use Physics and Warp which can be super handy in term of range. High Resistance for her also is something of a boon for the endgame. For the son, good magic and resistance will make him into a good magic using unit, of course, and he's one of two children who can inherit the Staff Holy Weapon with the Priest as a father. The Staff Holy Weapon is a Staff that can resurrect dead units (which, well, isn't that useful when you just reload when a unit dies) but I guess it's neat to have. (Also, since we're doing Ayra/Holyn, I should mention that the exploit to give one of their kids access to the Odo Holy Weapon, the Balmung, relies on having the Staff Holy Weapon).

I feel I would also be remiss if I don't mention that with Alec, you get a Peg Knight with the Nihil Skill, which will nullify the effectiveness of Bows against her. Otherwise, sadly, there isn't much that Alec gives that either kids will like all that much, not as much Strenght as Noish, no offensive skills and a waste of Pursuit, but it can be fun for the novelty of it.

You can probably pick many other dads who won't harm the kids either. They're nearly as hard to screw up as Ayra's kids. (I actually did Jamke/Erin in my last complete
playthrough and they both were still good). But I felt those were the ones most worth mentioning.

As for the substitutes:
NameClassLvHPStrMagSklSpdLckDefResGoldSkill(s)
HawkSage1438322182349175000Pursuit, Adept
FeminaPegasus Knight2281019163793000Adept

And their growth:
CharacterHPStrMagSklSpdLckDefRes
Hawk6010202050202010
Femina603010205050205

They seem useable, especially Hawk thanks to having Pursuit, although still less good than what you'd get pairing up Erin.

You can now start voting on the poll:

Valmond

Validated User
The ending of chapter 2 (and what comes next) make me like Sigurd more. I'm pleasantly surprised at how the game suddenly now takes the time to call him out on his invading habits, and it makes him a lot less of an irreproachable knight. I don't know how willful it all is on his part, the vibe I'm getting from hom is that he was raised to be a great soldier and nothing else (the conversation he has with Ethlyn when she joins suggests his father didn't really bother to teach him the importance of diplomacy, and that whole diplomacy is less funny and more genuinely concerning in retrospect), like military planning and charging forward is his natural response to everything in life. I don't know if he ignores the damage it does, but maybe it's more that he figures it'll all work out in the end, because it did when his father did it. He's basically a giant trainwreck, and it makes it even sadder when he does try to act differently. I don't know if we get any info on his life before the game (outside him and his two bros hanging out behind the school to smoke), but it kinda feels like this is the first time he's left to administrate without his father, who probably departed in a hurry like an hour after receiving the letter with orders from prince Kurth to come help him do war stuff. So dad's gone, the country probably kinda runs itself because I don't see Byron bothering much with tedious stuff like that, and out of nowhere, Aideen gets kidnapped by axe bikers, and it all goes downhill from there.

Maybe if I were more like Alec...
[...]
Is this what Alec feels like all the time ?
The fact Alec is apparently what Arden aspires to be is a little sad if you ask me. Like, ok Arden, so your ideal of a soldier is the unit I constantly have to micromanage so he won't get killed off ? It's good to aim high I guess.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
I may have slightly underestimated how much more time it would take me to also read & pick panels from the manga to illustrate this playthrough, because it means I have to 1/ take the time to read it 2/ waffled about how many pictures I have picked that I need to cut away because it's too much.

Not quite ready to give it up yet, but yeaaaah.

Volume 2 does give us a lot of delightful flashbacks about family drama and I may have mentioned already, but I'm really a sucker for family drama.

One starts by actually allowing Arvis and Azel to chat (with Arvis being surprisingly sweet)

Sylvia and Lewyn banter during their intro

... and dramatic team up against the bandits (the manga struggles to let the gameplay use of Dance as refresh obvious so basically uses her as a distraction, I guess?)

Eldigan angsting prettily while imprisoned

And Lachesis readying herself for the siege

Lex literally going with "it's not like i like her or anything" >_>;

Lewyn's dramatic confrontation of Sigurd

The whole scene is amazing but i'm cutting it in half because there's already way too much Lewyn in this post and I'm trying not to show my bias too much.

Sigyn also gets a flashback from Kurth's perspective:

I have no idea why Sigyn mentions a curse related to the Barhara royal family, I don't think that's ever mentioned in the game canon.

Although that's certainly one explanation for her chosing to disappear.

The manga had a Deirdre, Lachesis & Ayra team up take care of Clement, which is pretty neat.

Erin's arrival.

Erin's scenes are much less dramaticaly drawn, although she's got a cool sideplot about trying (and failing) to rescue a child harmed by a soldier instead of getting really hoodwinked by Chagall and then an infiltration with Lewyn which is filled with cute stuff.

Last edited:

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Lachesis going on about *ahem* her impossible love.

Lewyn & Erin & Sylvia (Lewyn is pretending not to recognize Erin at this point, to hide his identity)

Yet another flashback, this one to Erin & Lewyn as children

There was also a manga artbook with more dramatic pics

The Treasure book gives us one pic of Victor and Sigyn, with some additional info:

Alvis and Azel
When the tradegies of Shigyun’s running away and Victor’s death assaulted the Velthomer family at the same time, Alvis was 7 years old.

There was a member of the Velthomer family who became the new leader, but he (Alvis) himself had what can be called a ‘gift of Kings’, and held a talent and toughness/strength which was hard to believe it could come from a child, and maintained the stature as Velthomer’s leader.

In fact, the person who supported him (Alvis) from the shadows was Barhara’s Price Kuluto, but Alvis only learned this fact a long time later.

Also, Alvis exiled all but one of his father Victor’s mistresses. He ordered their children to be demoted to servants or exiled. The only mistress left was a girl who was his mother Shigyun’s maid servant. Although she went through a tough childhood and wasn’t beautiful, she had a kind heart and frequently took care of Alvis. Even Alvis could not be cruel towards her.

Although Victor got his hands on the girl from the momentum of being drunk, when he knew the girl got pregnant he yelled, cursed, used violence, and tried to drive her away. The person who scolded at this was Shigyun, and the very child who this girl got pregnant with was in fact Azel. When Victor died, Azel was just born.

Alvis hated (like truly hated) his father for making mother sad for immature thoughts. When that father commited suicide, and Shigyun ran away, a cold mask always floated around the young expression. But, he thought of that mistress and Azel as his own family.

From there, the mistress was grateful for Alvis, and served him by taking care of the space around him, but she also died of disease around 10 years later.

From then on, there was no sight of a woman around Alvis.
I'm keeping the name transliteration as is from the place I took it on serenes forest. Shigyun = Sigyn, Kuluto=Kurth.

So in case you had any doubt that Victor was the lowest of the scums: he raped his wife's chambermaid, wanted to get rid of her when she was pregnant which was only stopped when his wife insisted to keep her around. That gives an interesting background to Arvis going on about how Azel his only brother, because it's obvious given Victor's behavior that there must be a lot of other half siblings out there... but to Arvis, Azel's mother was the only one who was kind to his mother and him, so the only one he acknowledged and kept around and didn't drive away when he took power, and therefore Azel is the only one he aknowledges as his brother.

There's not much more background about Victor's suicide. Sometimes I'm inclined to doubt such a man as him would use that sort of method, without killing anyone else than himself, and I also find Sigyn fleeing after it a bit suspicious. I feel it would work nicely if we assumed she ended up killing him during some sort of traumatic scene, and the murder was disguised as a suicide for political reason and that's why she ran off... though that's purely my own speculation.

There's a few lines of dialogues in Chapter 2 we didn't see in play we could have had that we missed.

First, if you have Lachesis fight against Elliot:

Elliot:
“Princess Lachesis… This has gone far enough. If you’ll become my wife, I’ll spare you.”
Lachesis:
“You filthy…! Become your wife!? I’d rather die!!”

Also if Deirdre gets to 0HP she doesn't die, but ends up captured instead and you can find her against when you seize the last castle of the map:

Sigurd:
“Diadora!? You’re alright!”

Diadora:
“Yes, I’m fine. They tried keeping me locked away, but I just knew you’d come.”

Last edited:

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
It always feels like Chapter 2 has a lot going on - and that's not even counting the practical aspect of running all over the map.
I really does XD It's when you get to the really meaty part of the game.

Sigurd in a nutshell. It's obvious that he means well; but most of his arguments are infuriating, when you pay attention. "As if out of nowhere, the entirety of Agustria turned against us..." Except Sigurd is the one who launched an invasion on Agustria, and he's always the one pushing forward, at every turn. He marched into Agustria, started seizing castles, and now it's like he can't possibly imagine why the Agustrian lords wouldn't let him. The only threat on his base castle is the attack by the pegknights - who aren't Agustrian troops.
The last bit is not entirely true since Agusty sends a couple of Cavalry to attack our Castle at the same time as the Peg knights, that's why we had to rush back everyone after we Seized Anphony.

I bet if you leave Lachesis to die, Elliot's forces will end up attacking Evans as well. They certainly start the game flagged as "enemy".

But overall, it's certainly pretty muddled; and a lot of things are the direct consequences of Sigurd's incursion, though he had good reasons to intervene.

The ending of chapter 2 (and what comes next) make me like Sigurd more. I'm pleasantly surprised at how the game suddenly now takes the time to call him out on his invading habits, and it makes him a lot less of an irreproachable knight. I don't know how willful it all is on his part, the vibe I'm getting from hom is that he was raised to be a great soldier and nothing else (the conversation he has with Ethlyn when she joins suggests his father didn't really bother to teach him the importance of diplomacy, and that whole diplomacy is less funny and more genuinely concerning in retrospect), like military planning and charging forward is his natural response to everything in life. I don't know if he ignores the damage it does, but maybe it's more that he figures it'll all work out in the end, because it did when his father did it. He's basically a giant trainwreck, and it makes it even sadder when he does try to act differently. I don't know if we get any info on his life before the game (outside him and his two bros hanging out behind the school to smoke), but it kinda feels like this is the first time he's left to administrate without his father, who probably departed in a hurry like an hour after receiving the letter with orders from prince Kurth to come help him do war stuff. So dad's gone, the country probably kinda runs itself because I don't see Byron bothering much with tedious stuff like that, and out of nowhere, Aideen gets kidnapped by axe bikers, and it all goes downhill from there.
You make a lot of interesting points!

TBH, a lot of my dislike of Sigurd doesn't so much come from his portrayal in the game as such (which, as you say, he's not an irreproachable knight), but from the habitude of some people in the fandom and from after the fact material like FE:Heroes to overly praise him or deny his flaws. That's what pushed me from mild apathy into actual dislike.

I do agree that Sigurd's strengths are obviously mostly military. You're probably right the start of the game is probably the first time he's left alone to lead on his own; although he might have had leadership of Chalphy while Vyron was at court in Belhalla often enough in the past, given Vyron's position in the government, but that would have been much more reachable distance.

The emissary from Granvale in Chap 2 also talks about the war in Isaach as Vyron and Kurth's war, I've noted. Maybe Vyron's not that against foreign military intervention, either.

The fact Alec is apparently what Arden aspires to be is a little sad if you ask me. Like, ok Arden, so your ideal of a soldier is the unit I constantly have to micromanage so he won't get killed off ? It's good to aim high I guess.
LOL You're not wrong, that it's sad. Although Alec is the only one of Sigurd's retainer to start with the Pursuit skill and he's a little bit of a smooth talker? (even though he seemed surprised when it worked on Sylvia). Also insert any number of sex jokes about going twice in that dialogue, I figure that's what it's there for.

salinea

grievous lack of
Validated User
Chap 3 opening narration:

Honoring his promise to Eldigan, Sigurd allows Chagall his freedom and does not interfere.

he persists in negotiating Agustria's return to governance by its own king. Despite his determination to restore Chagall's rule, his orders from Belhalla never change:
to remain in Agustria and to govern its citizens.

grown arrogant and have taken to abusing their power over Agustria for their own gain.

(what a surprise.)

Day by day, the Agustrian people grow ever wearier of Grannvale's actions. Before long, as he feared, Sigurd finds himself yet again caught in a new conflict.

vying to reclaim his lost capital from Sigurd.

to sweep in and profit from the land's chaos.

Belhalla's orders demand that Sigurd must maintain control of Agusty above all else. Sigurd's heart lies heavy in the face of the impending crisis.

The looming battle for Agustria... a trial between friendship and loyalties.

Before Sigurd looms a final battle in Agustria's north: a showdown fated to shape the course of Jugdral's history.

Chagall: This is our final chance to return Agusty to our control. Just look at them... Lingering in my kingdom, oh-so-carefree. ... I grow weary of them. They will pay dearly for this!

Jacoban! Where's that lousy sellsword gotten to this time?!

Jacoban: Yeah, I know... Might be a boring job, but you're payin' awfully well for it. Let's see 'em learn to fear my bolt sword.

Chagall: That's what I like to hear. Don't fail me. Now Eldigan's still at Silvail, is he? Hm... How will he take this? I wonder...

Eldigan: Gah... I couldn't possibly fight Sigurd. What in the world can I do now..

Pirate: This is our chance, I reckon, with nuthin' stoppin' us from fleecin' the villages. Both them armies'll be at each other's throats, so there'll be nobody interested in gettin' bteween us an' th' villages.

Heroic Thief: Shut it, Duvall! I won't allow any petty theft upon my watch. I refuse to let us sink so low. Don't forget we're heroic thieves. That's what the name of Orgahill now means to the world!

Another Pirate: That wench struts aroun' like the boss, but she ain't really the ol' cap'n's sprog. The cap'n jus' found 'er lost when she was a tiny thing an' raised 'er as 'is own. She still took over when 'e died, but little she knows she ain't really his brat. She ain't the real boss, so there's nuffin' t' worry 'bout. Now let's go 'elp ourselves to sum treasures!

Sigurd: Where in the blazes is Eldigan...

Oifey: This isn't all, sire. It appears that pirates from Orgahill are attacking amidst the confusion.

Sigurd: Is that so... I suppose we've no choice, then. Ready everyone for battle.

Sigurd: Seliph is but a newborn, and he needs you.

Deirdre: Yes, dear...

Sigurd: You needn't look so anxious, Deirdre. I'll be back before long. I promise. Shanan, I've a favor to ask you. Would you look after Deirdre and Seliph, please?

Sigurd: At the very least, Deirdre, he ought to keep you in good cheer. Don't worry about a thing, Deirdre. I'll be back for you. I promise.

Deirdre: Milord...

So! We've got a six month timeskip from the end of last chapter... although the duration of Chapter 2 itself, and the last little bit from Chap 1 must have taken long enough for Deirdre to have had birthed a baby, Seliph.

It must be over one year, maybe as much as a year and a half since the beginning of the game, all together. (You'd think Oifey might start getting old enough to be deployable, but nope).

We won't be able to use Deirdre as a unit on the map during this chapter because Sigurd decided that she needed to take care of the baby. (Quan would never).

Also there's a mysterious pirate who was found as a kid, which I'm sure is entirely unrelated to the backstory of any character in our group with a long lost sister that she's still looking for.

Chapter 3 takes place in the northern part of Agustria, which we only saw the southern side of during last chapter.

Actually by now, we've had enough of the world mentioned or shown that I'd like to post a picture of the whole Jugdral continent map:

The names are from older transliteration but it should be close enough. You've got Grannvale in the center, Verdane to the southwest and Agustria to the west where we presently are currently. You can see the Orgahill island north of it which is the pirate's base. You can see that Silesse, where Lewyn and Erin are from, is a peninsula to the north-west of the continent. Ayra's home of Isaach is to the north-east, beyond the Yield desert (where the city of Darna where the slaughter that sparks the war happened).

To the southeast, there's the Thracia peninsula. There's one city in the Manster district, here called Lenster, in our translation Leonster, which is Quan's home. The Kingdom of Thracia being the unruly neighbor that Quan mentions being a threat to them. As for Miletos, the only place it was mentioned as yet is in the timeline, as the place of a slaughter at the start of the Lopt Empir, which was called the "Sorrows of Miletos".

Top Bottom