• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Play] Touhou: The beginner's guide to danmaku

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabbit Éclair

high in vital bunnytonium
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Watch my playthrough of Aya in Scarlet Weather Rhapsody, where she consistently ignores the situation at hand. >_>

http://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?t=538429, post 38, 39, 40, 42, 43, 45. Especially 45.
Most of this just strikes me as pretty standard... 'finding flimsy pretexts for danmaku' is practically the Gensokyo national pasttime. Kind of a dick move, but it never really stood out to me in particular, since that applies to about half of the battles in the series.

Well, the genesis of the giant toad incident happens in Cirno's story route in Phantasmagoria of Flower View, and actually Aya provokes the incident in the first place.
This part, though, I didn't know about. That makes the whole thing much more amusing, but, yeah, kinda damages her journalistic integrity. (I still love the Mokou article though.)

Renter

Retired User
Edit: Renter, where did you get that?
Nakateleeli did a Let's Play on Touhou Mother (Earthbound-Touhou crossover done with rpgmaker2k). In it he basically introduced everyone, had long talks about the mythologies etc. I watched it since I like his LPs and didn't know crap about Touhou, and the introductions really helped.

Spoiler: Show

shintear

Retired User
Kind of an odd collection of characters. And this is the first time I've heard about Eirin wanting to dissect Suwako, though it makes sense in hindsight...

dshaffer

Pervy Catgirl Fancier
Validated User
A lot of those listed details are fanon. Of course, in Touhou anyways, fanon has a tendency to become canon sometimes, but I'd still take some of that with a grain of salt.

shintear

Retired User
dshaffer said:
A lot of those listed details are fanon. Of course, in Touhou anyways, fanon has a tendency to become canon sometimes, but I'd still take some of that with a grain of salt.
Or perhaps a pound of it, considering some fanon.

denter said:
Well, it's in alphabetic order~
Lol, I didn't notice.

JosephWongKS

Validated User
It's really amazing:

(a) Just how terrible ZUN's character art is. Not that I am in any way, shape or form a competent artist, it's just that his drawing look even worse next to his beautiful bullet patterns or his astounding music; and

(b) Just how much fantastically beautiful fanart has arisen from such unpromising origins.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom