• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Play] Vous êtes Napoléon (You are Napoléon)

Harlander

Almost determinedly non-useful
RPGnet Member
Validated User
At the risk of asking someone to explain the joke... could someone explain the joke?

Tonbo_Karasu

Validated User
At the risk of asking someone to explain the joke... could someone explain the joke?
This is the standard Diplomacy Board:

I had assumed the paranthesised comment was because Egypt isn't even on the board, although it's probably on some of the variants.
[Edit, to fix image]

Last edited:

Drogo

Unrepentant Gamer
RPGnet Member
Validated User
If we can't handle the Royal Navy, then options 1 & 2 are a no-go. That only leaves Egypt.

Too bad there isn't a fourth option... spend a few years building up the French Navy.

ashimbabbar

Validated User
Although a victory in Egypt would allow us, perhaps, to play in the world of Empire*, I will advise to risk our strength neither in England nor in Egypt. Stay where we are. 43 and wait for a better opportunity.

* A French comic where Napoleon succeeded in Egypt and is now battling Wellington in India. Also, moderate steampunk - the French have steam tanks and are introducing armed dirigibles, but the Brits supplement their thin red line, gurkhas and turbaned lancers with steam bazookas and their battles are plotted by a steam computer operated by Mary Shelley.

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
* A French comic where Napoleon succeeded in Egypt and is now battling Wellington in India. Also, moderate steampunk - the French have steam tanks and are introducing armed dirigibles, but the Brits supplement their thin red line, gurkhas and turbaned lancers with steam bazookas and their battles are plotted by a steam computer operated by Mary Shelley.
.... It's just a generation too early for Ada Lovelace, isn't it?

Francois Tremblay

Validated User
Let's brush up on our Egyptian Arabic.
المرأة المحترم هايدفع كل حاجة (the lady will pay for everything)
Good one to use when Napoleon is out with his rich girlfriend

Sirharrok

Validated User
This is the standard Diplomacy Board:

I had assumed the paranthesised comment was because Egypt isn't even on the board, although it's probably on some of the variants.
Also, as you rightly noted, I couldn't be bothered with the rest of the convoy orders.

Top Bottom