• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Play] Vous êtes Napoléon (You are Napoléon)

ashimbabbar

Validated User
But really, all you who voted for Egypt should reconsider.

The Brits are bound to sink our fleet. If they do it while we're aboard, it's curtains. If they considerately wait until we've disembarked, we'll have to fight the Mamluks and the Turks supported by the Brits, and then what, fight our way to India ?
The real Napoleon couldn't do it, and I'm skeptical about our chances to do better. At best we'll do like him, slink back to France having lost fine men and generals we'll miss in the next wars.
The way we CAN do better than him is not go in that venture.

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
You almost convince me to change my vote, A ashimbabbar but for the alternative being an invasion of the British Isles, which must surely be an even more ill-fated expedition.

Nate_MI

Hail Tzeentch!
Validated User
Great generals don't get that way by not attacking futiliy into the enemy's defenses. In a couple hundred yeas Haig will look at us fondly.

ashimbabbar

Validated User
You almost convince me to change my vote, A ashimbabbar but for the alternative being an invasion of the British Isles, which must surely be an even more ill-fated expedition.
The 3 options are
- attack England.
- we can't attack England so let's attack Egypt.
- we can't attack England so we sit tight.
It is the latter I favor

sun_tzu

Validated User
I'm considering buying this thing in e-book format, incidentally. Just how much variance in events and endings can you get from making different choices?

OneNeoEno

Validated User
Blockades are hard to keep going. We can probably get an army across. Keeping it supplied is another matter, and logistics is everything to a campaign. Egypt has practically the same problem, you need to keep a sea link established in the face of the royal navy. It's a complete fool's errand. The French military's strength is on land. Stay home and wait for another chance to excel in a continental war.

Lenin

Tolerant Ent
Validated User
The 3 options are
- attack England.
- we can't attack England so let's attack Egypt.
- we can't attack England so we sit tight.
It is the latter I favor
As Napoleon I don't feel that doing nothing is an option. But on consideration, since England is unlikely at this point, and Egypt looks tricky, I (real me) am wondering now what mischief the book will throw our way to prevent us twiddling our thumbs in Paris. I change my vote to 43.

Top Bottom