• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Read] Council of Wyrms

glass

Validated User
A reference to how overpowered they are in 3e?
Pretty much, although perhaps more specifically how overpower they are a fighting specifically - ie significantly better than the supposed actual fighting classes.

The more general term for Cleric and Druid overpowered-ness (along with Wizard and other primary casters) is LFQW, or "Linear Fighter Quadratic Wizard".

glass.

d10

Banned
Pretty much, although perhaps more specifically how overpower they are a fighting specifically - ie significantly better than the supposed actual fighting classes.

The more general term for Cleric and Druid overpowered-ness (along with Wizard and other primary casters) is LFQW, or "Linear Fighter Quadratic Wizard".

glass.
I really wish, during the glut of official 3e books, they had made a book devoted to balancing the Fighter, Barbarian, Monk, Paladin, and Monk to the Primary Casters. I wouldn't know where to start.

Armchair Gamer

I really wish, during the glut of official 3e books, they had made a book devoted to balancing the Fighter, Barbarian, Monk, Paladin, and Monk to the Primary Casters. I wouldn't know where to start.
From what I hear, Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords will get you pretty close. Replace Monk with Swordsage, Fighter with Warblade, and Paladin with Crusader, IIRC. Don't know what to do about the Barbarian.

d10

Banned
From what I hear, Tome of Battle: The Book of Nine Swords will get you pretty close. Replace Monk with Swordsage, Fighter with Warblade, and Paladin with Crusader, IIRC. Don't know what to do about the Barbarian.
Thanks, AG.

Was there anything for the Ranger? I was kinda thinking about giving him the fighters' bonus feats, and maybe some better spell casting, like going up to 9th level spells, but from an extremely limited list

robertliguori

Banned
Thanks, AG.

Was there anything for the Ranger? I was kinda thinking about giving him the fighters' bonus feats, and maybe some better spell casting, like going up to 9th level spells, but from an extremely limited list
There's a school that the Warblade gets access to (Tiger Claw) which includes a both primal hunter-y powers focused on mobility and two-weapon use, and also includes some hilarious "Take an attack with a huge bonus on the roll and to damage but take a huge AC penalty" offensive strikes. A Tiger Claw heavy-weapon warblade with a dash of Iron Heart for survivability and extra hittiness is a solid barbarian-analogue, while a Tiger-Claw two-weapon ranger with a pet from somewhere and some White Raven strikes to give it things to do is basically a 4E Beastmaster Ranger in its entirety.

Top Bottom