Let's Read: Demon: The Descent!

Little Blessed Villain

Solo Social Justice Brute
Validated User
Also: While I PM'd Stupid_Loserman about this, I am planning on doing the Hunter Horror Recognition Guide next...which, given how it's an IC book, is from the perspective of an Unchained.

I'd love to round-robin it, with various CofD characters chattering in the Free Agency about what they think the stories in the book are about, and how they can spin it to their advantage.
I'd be willing to write an Arisen's take on the Horror Recognition Guide, if that's what you mean.

Leliel

SJ Road Warrior
Validated User
I'd be willing to write an Arisen's take on the Horror Recognition Guide, if that's what you mean.
That is the idea, yes. Since Demons weren't a splat until long after the HRG was written, it would makes sense one would take advantage of the anonymity and steal it to research the other varieties of esohuman and other assorted weird crap.

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
While it's a fun book to read, where it really sings is in play.

Anyone who isn't in a Demon game should re-evaluate the choices they have made in their lives.
It really is the break out winner of the CofD line in terms of raw playability.

There are many small things that don't come up until you play. We have been at it for some time and nobody has felt the need to press the big red button as been mentioned, but it is also the little things - it encourages really lateral thinking in power use. And sicne you can use embeds and exploits quite freely by any game standard ( hell I can't think of any other WoD game which lets you use powers as freely as embeds,) they become a toolkit for your characte's way of interacting with the world.

Example - I can have used authorized/don't you know me/download knowledge/password entropy to repeatedly walk into locations and be accepted as someone who is both supposed to be there and has the right skill set for some needed task, and access any system or secure set up . They're is no cap on use for any of those so I can chain them.

Though my absolute favorite thing is a 2 point merit from the players guide.

Last edited:

TechnocratJT

Want be in Avengers 5
Staff member
RPGnet Member
Also: While I PM'd Stupid_Loserman about this, I am planning on doing the Hunter Horror Recognition Guide next...which, given how it's an IC book, is from the perspective of an Unchained.

I'd love to round-robin it, with various CofD characters chattering in the Free Agency about what they think the stories in the book are about, and how they can spin it to their advantage.
The rest of the CofD is a bug part of what drives my character and she kinda convinced Cherion is probably a front for the God Machine sicne she learned it was not simply normal ole' big pharma.

Last edited:
Top Bottom