[Let's Read] M1 Blizzard Pass

Numanoid

#rocksteadyrollhard
Validated User
"Fuck if I'm a be fast food for some ugly-ass midgets! That ain't the Shady way! Let's pop this lock and get out of here, maybe get some PAYBACK on these hobbits!"

(Check the padlock)

Rich H

Owl Be Back!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Never finished this adventure - bloody invisible ink pen ran out about a quarter of the way through. :( ... Will therefore be trying to keep up with this thread to read along. At last! :)

Rich H

Owl Be Back!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Oh, and "search the cell". A previous occupant has got to have left a Rubik's Cube or something. We can then trade it with the Kobold for the key to the cell.

Koren n'Rhys

Got your mirrorshades?
Validated User
While we did have one advocating for the lock, majority rules, so a quick search of the cell it is. @JoeNotCharles - Entry 14 did specify that we had been stripped of our possessions, so no lockpicks at the moment.

16. You drop to your hands and knees, searching the grimy floor. Teromil stands next to you. "What're you doing? I think you've lost your mind, I do. Some ugly little thing wants to eat me for dessert, it does. I surely don't see how crawling around on the floor's going to help at all." You explain that you want to save your own neck as much as Teromil wants to save his, but you can't do anything with your bare hands. Without further comment, Teromil drops to the floor and starts running his hands through rubble. Soon, your fingers encounter something cold and stiff in a dirt-filled corner. You scrape the dirt away and find a dull piece of metal 2 inches long. Teromil continues to search the cell, finding nothing but useless trash. You may pick the padlock (18) or wait and see what happens next (21).
Score! I don't think Shady is the type to just sit and wait around, so I'm going to jump ahead and pick the lock to keep this rolling. Hope no one minds.

18. If you are a 1st level thief, use the invisible ink marking pen to fill in any three boxes. If you are 2nd level, fill in any four boxes, and if you are 3rd level, fill in any five boxes. If any number is equal to or below your open locks percentage, go to entry 19. If all numbers are greater, go to entry 20.
Interestingly, even though this is technically a proper D&D module, it uses the odd assumption that you apparently don't own all the dice. We had to roll a 1d6 earlier, but now they have us color in boxes rather than just roll percentile dice. For the record, the boxes look like the image below, and the key I'm using for the invisible ink entries doesn't have these anyway, so I won't bother showing these every time. Going to have to resort to a percentile roll after all.

The question I leave to you all before we move on is, do I roll just once, or the number of times listed in the entry based on our level?

Last edited:

Davies

Validated User
What a silly question. If they're giving you multiple chances to succeed, take them.

Sleeper

Red-eyed dust bunny
Validated User
I'm curious what all the invisible numbers are, because that's a very odd mechanic.

Numanoid

#rocksteadyrollhard
Validated User
"Hell yeah!" Shady starts working furiously on the lock.

"Keep yo head up while I work this, T. We don't no Ewoks catchin us!"

(Use the multiple chances; we'll need them with only 15% Open Locks skill, and bending the rules in our favor is the Shady Way.)

Rich H

Owl Be Back!
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The question I leave to you all before we move on is, do I roll just once, or the number of times listed in the entry based on our level?
It's obviously the GM's house-rule so to ignore it would simply be rude!

Top Bottom