• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[Let's Watch!] TribeTwelve

Wolfwood2

Validated User
* This is the episode where T12 really started to blossom, just because it's so very NOT MH-esque.
It certainly isn't! WWII spy missions, Nazis, and open discussion of the Slender Man (which most of these series seem very reluctant to do). I can see where viewers were probably going, "Okay... but where do you take it from here?" I'm curious to find out myself.

Topher

RPGnet Member
Banned
Ha!

I have to admit that the episodes so far are mostly entertaining for me in a "spot the homage" way and an amused-at-Noah way. This series doesn't actually get scary for me until "Unknown Caller" (which is just a few episodes away).

Topher

prankster_dragon

Something Terrible
Validated User
T12 has what is, for me, one of the scariest episodes of any Slenderman related series. Though that episode is still a little way off.

Phonzy

not arguing that with you
Validated User
* "Der Großmann" and the connection to the Schwarzwald - and pretty much the entirety of Karl's story - are references back to the original Something Awful thread where the Slender Man was created, but elements that most other vlogs don't do much with.

Topher
Huh. My last name is Fattmann, which my parents have always told me is German and doesn't mean what it sounds like because if it did mean "fat man" it would be Grossmann. That this would be more or less the German name for Slendy amuses me.

Topher

RPGnet Member
Banned
Huh. My last name is Fattmann, which my parents have always told me is German and doesn't mean what it sounds like because if it did mean "fat man" it would be Grossmann. That this would be more or less the German name for Slendy amuses me.
Heh. I think it's literally something like "big man" or "large man," but it can also mean "tall man" and I think that's the usage here. ;)

Topher

peaseblossom

talented amateur
Validated User
Subscribed! Love Grandpa Karl. Does he come back and rescue everyone later in the series? Probably too much to hope for.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
I admit, one bit that amuses me is how each of the "big three" Slenderseries has their own take on what TV Tropes would call a "Dragon" - some big important adversary, often subordinate to the main antagonist.

With EMH, you have the Rake and HYBRID, although they don't necessarily work for El Hombre Alto.
Marble Hornets, of course, has totheark
Spoiler: Show
and Alex

But of the three, I think the 'dragon' of T12 is both interesting (in that the reasons for messing with Noah are actually relatively straightforward) but scarier than the other two. Of course, that reveal has yet to come although the fact that there will be another antagonist is not, I think, a spoiler-block worthy spoiler; it's pretty obvious that every series needs someone cheaper to film than the tall tentacled dude. :)

James Weatherby

Dour Little Bird
RPGnet Member
Validated User
TT is my favorite of the big three, though I'm a little worried that its ending won't live up to its middle.

Wolfwood2

Validated User
So is this thread still going? Really eager to see what comes next. If Topher is too busy, maybe someone else could take over updating?

Top Bottom