• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Life Forms Revisited or Into the Breach once more.

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Written yesterday, on my RPG.Net Blog

Tonight I hope to finish intergrating and updating section 40.0 and the new BE section. I will then start on the Lifeform Examples.

Some bumps happened on the way to that party.

I did manage to get the section and the updates BE list. The total is now 35 pages, with only 6 pages of examples. Still better how the game works.

I started to insert extra formatting, including art blocks into the section. The formatting did not flow. I need to get back and rework that.

I discovered a terminology error that distributed through the document (not everything got updated after I made a main game edit chage), fixing that sucked up some time.

I had to add a page for clearer process in the introduction section. (It is all about frameworks, and which ones you use for which kind of lifeform.

I did some intro text for some of the example animals... moving on to that section.

Not as much progress as I wanted, but still clear and focused progress.

Last edited:

MoonHunter

Game Guru-Thread Shepherd
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Today, I shall get a few hours in for writing of the example animals. There was a whole thread on how to format lifeforms a while back. That will be used for "full write ups". I am going back to the faster, smaller, one for the example lifeforms. (It (critter degree of detail) takes 1/3rd the column inches in the two column format as "the new write up"). If that does not work, I will switch up the format again and go for quality, not quantity.

During this process I will be fine tuning the basic BE list. We will see how this works.

I currently have six pages of lifeform examples (other things went over and the base introduction went up a page). I may or may not increase that count. If I had the 10 pages, I would of gone to the full write up, rather than the critter degree of detail.

Last edited:
Top Bottom