Looking for online war gaming stores w/decent shipping

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Long story short: no friendly local game shops on Maui, Hawai'i.

I've got one resource that takes forever, are out of stock of stuff semi-regularly, but shipping is cheap and I get wholesale pricing ordering (40-50% off most of the time).

I'd like to be able to order some things sooner BUT they have to have good shipping prices to Maui, Hawai'i. No FedEx 2nd day only (looking at you, ThinkGeek and Newegg). Any suggestions? Ideally not Amazon, and if they're outstanding folks in their communities and such? So much the better.

edit: MUST carry Privateer Press games and Aristeia by Corvus Belli :)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
That's two for the list, thank you! :)

Sorry - wanting to go with anecdotal here since doing a search doesn't necessarily tell me anything other than "these guys paid more to be at the top of the results."

jbuck

Validated User
Those are the two I use (obviously). I've got nothing bad to say about either of them. The "?" was only because I have no idea what their policy is for shipping to Hawaii.

DeathbyDoughnut

a.k.a. Mr. Meat Popcicle
Validated User
I've used Miniature Market a bunch over the years. Reasonable shipping, everything represented is accounted for and in safe packaging. Prices are competitive with Amazon's.

You might look at ebay, there are a bunch shops on there, nobleknightgames specifically are great to work with, I've used them for years as well.

I think a lot of people shy away from eBay because of scams in the wild west days of the internet, but they've really upped their terms of service and hold sellers a lot more accountable, so it's much safer for us buyers. If you're unsure about a seller just check out their rating and see their reviews. I trust many eBay sellers far more than I trust my local brick and mortar shops.

Addendum: A cool feature about eBay is that shipping is calculated up front (if you're browsing from an account with your shipping address). So if you see shipping is some ridiculous price you can just go to a different auction. And many sellers ship worldwide. I am pretty sure the filters default to only show you sellers that will ship to you.

Last edited:

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I use Miniature Market, Game Nerdz and CoolStuffInc and all of them work really well (I use one or another depending on stock and price pretty much). They have free shipping after a certain amount, not sure if that applies to Hawaii.

Miniature Market runs sales on Privateer stuff pretty often (they may still be running a sale).

Noble Knight Games is very good too, but considerably more expensive than the other three so unless something is really old and out of print, not too many reasons to use them for new stuff.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I've used Miniature Market for awhile now, but am slowly switching over to CoolStuffInc because of the better loyalty program. I am currently going back and forth between the two depending on who has the better deal on any given day.

Top Bottom