Looking for online war gaming stores w/decent shipping

VicenteC

RPGnet Member
Validated User
I just put $125 of random Infinity miniatures in my cart in Miniature Market, and asked the cart to estimate shipping to a random Hawaii zip code (96706). Shipping started at $11.95 for priority economy, and $23.79 for FedEx 2-day delivery.

ecs05norway

Validated User
One thing I like about Miniature Market is that they will batch your purchases to ship all at once, so if you have an impulse-buy on a quick sale you can get the sale price, then have them hold that until you have the cash for a big order and ship it with that.

vitus979

RPGnet Member
Validated User
One thing I like about Miniature Market is that they will batch your purchases to ship all at once, so if you have an impulse-buy on a quick sale you can get the sale price, then have them hold that until you have the cash for a big order and ship it with that.
Note MM has been much more careful about "Hold" orders. I got an email from them on the subject last year about limiting. Below is the BGG thread on the topic.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2008480/changes-miniature-market-customer-hold-policy

Seems pretty practical to me.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Two responses so far! :D
Cool Stuff Inc said:
Thanks for shopping with us. We have several options for shipping to Maui including USPS Mail, USPS Express, FedEx 2-Day Air, and FedEx Ground. The cost varies depending on the weight of the items being shipped. You can use the Shipping Calculator in our cart to get shipping quotes for each shipping type for the items in the cart using your ZIP code. Let us know if you have any other questions. We always appreciate your business and look forward to any future orders you may place. If we can be of further service, feel free to email us or call our toll-free customer service line in the U.S. Our phone number is (877) CSI-Orlando or (877) 274-6752.
Miniature Market said:
Hello Sam,

To Hawaii you can use Priority Economy Shipping, Fedex 2-day and Fedex home delivery. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask and thank you for choosing Miniature Market.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
One more! I'm happy with their response times so far :)
Gamenerdz said:
Hi there! We typically ship via USPS, but just a heads up, there are surcharges involved, as it's obviously more costly than our normal continental shipping fees. You should be able to see those fees before completing checkout to get an idea of what you'd be dealing with.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

DeathbyDoughnut

a.k.a. Mr. Meat Popcicle
Validated User
As I've said I use Miniature Market, and I am glad they are limiting batch orders. A couple years ago I had shipping problem with them due to a pre-order. Because of a limited pre-order item (a miniature box) they held up like three different orders orgldered at different times throughout a month for months after I ordered them because they were holding everything until the miniatures box was released and in stock. The release happened but they blew through stock too fast so all my orders were waiting for restock.

I talked to customer service and they said to release the hold and get my other items shipped that I'd have to cancel all the held orders and reorder them. Except a bunch of the items ordered were on sale items or clearance items at the time of ordering, and they told me that if I canceled my orders to cancel the hold they wouldn't honor the sales prices anymore and some of the items now were out of stock. So I lost out on a bunch of clearance items, sales prices, and waiting for months because I pre-ordered an item around the same time.

They may have changed their policies but moral of the story I learned I'll never pre-order anything from them again, and wait until one order ships to make a new order.

jbuck

Validated User
Yeah. My general rule with pre-orders is for them to be the only item for that order. If I'm ordering a pre-order item and a regular item at the same time I always place two separate orders.

Talon65

Validated User
I have ordered from both Miniature Market and Game Nerdz. Both are good but Game Nerdz is usually a little bit cheaper and also give you an additional discount, the more you buy plus a points reward system for additional discounts. And I know if you order enough, something like over $75 or $100, they offer free shipping in the US. I don't know what their shipping would be in Hawaii though.

Top Bottom