Looking for online war gaming stores w/decent shipping

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
So, I ordered the starter box Saturday night, paid a pittance on shipping and just got it today (Thursday). VERY happy with The War Store :)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Just ordered Aristeia's Legendary Bahadurs from Miniature Market for a grand total of $36.19 ($28.10 + $8.09 S&H). No tax, oddly enough. Had a shipping question, called, talked to a real person who answered my question quite quickly.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Update on my order from Miniature Marketplace: seems like they used UPS Mail Innovations, which is to say its partly UPS then partly USPS. It was sent on 3/18/19, and received by the USPS on 3/21, and its been sitting in California since 3/25/19.

It was cheap shipping, but at this point I'm not slated to get my Aristeia: Legendary Bahadurs until 4/6/19. I am wondering if I should cancel my pre-order for the Chemical Brothers with Miniature Marketplace and go to The War Store. I don't think the pricing would be different by much, but I know their shipping is way better (just straight USPS, works great).

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
And I just emailed Miniature Marketplace. Will post their response when they reply:
Hello! 🙂

I've placed an order recently, and have not received it yet. I'm okay with that, but since the UPS Mail Innovations option is something new I figured you'd want feedback sooner than later.

My order (**********) looks to have shipped on the 18th, which is great. It seems to have gotten to the USPS on the 21st, which is fine. It seems to have been with them since then (today is the 28th) and changed from the UPS tracking number to a different tracking number for use within the USPS system (**********). Supposedly I ought receive the package on April 6th. That will be a total of 3 weeks to get to Hawai'i.

I think I'm okay with that.

My main concern was with the changing hands between UPS and USPS was that the new number wasn't readily visible. It was hidden under a "Shipping Details" expandable box, and wasn't clearly indicated it was a different number or that it could be used with the USPS tracking system. Initially I was concerned either it had gotten lost or sent by boat (ala media mail).

Neil at The War Store offers an inexpensive option, and goes with the cheapest they can get. Last time I ordered from them it was $7.95 to ship a Warmachine Protectorate starter box (https://www.miniaturemarket.com/pip32117.html) via USPS. I'm not sure if that's a feasible option for your folks logistically (I know the USPS can be fussy with us when we ship out), but it might be a thought. Likewise, for all I know it didn't actually cover the shipping fully - I'll see if I still have the box to check.

Anyhow, just some feedback since I was told this was a new shipping option to Miniature Marketplace, and I'm sure you want to know how its working. I briefly considered cancelling my Aristeia: Chemical Brothers preorder and moving to The War Store, but... meh. Its three weeks, I can live with that. However, if time becomes a factor (say I'm ordering a gift)? I would likely order from The War Store.

Aloha from Maui!
That's polite and hopefully useful in description, right?

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Feedback received:
Good Morning,

With Economy Mail Services - Priority Economy Shipping the package is picked up from UPS who gives it to the local postal service to deliver. Regretfully the only tracking code we have is with UPS *********. Shipping to Hawaii can take a little longer due to the location. I do apologize for any inconvenience. Please let me know if you have any other questions. Thank you for choosing Miniature Market!

Breanna N.
Customer Service Representative
Miniature Market
to which I replied:
Thank you Breanna! 🙂

Anyhow, not mad or anything, just giving updates since when I called about shipping initially you folks said it was a new option you were trying out 🙂

Aloha from Maui! 😄

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Current update: my shipment is currently... er... lost. I didn't receive it on Saturday as estimated, so when I went to follow up it was marked "late but still expected to arrive."

I contacted Miniature Marketplace, let them know. They put out a trace on it, and told me if I don't get it this week to contact them about a refund or replacement via different shipping. They've been great this whole time, but I am *really* not impressed with UPS at the moment. Virtually every order I've had shipped via USPS has been fine, and we use that almost exclusively for work. So, yeah... UPS "Innovations"... blah. I would totally recommend them provided you're within the contiguous United States or using a more expensive shipping option.

I cancelled my pre-order of the Chemical Brothers from Aristeia, and placed it with The War Store. They've been quite good to me, so I'm feeling quite confident with them.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Miniature Marketplace's refund has gone through Paypal, and is now transferring to my bank. VERY quick, quite happy with that. Again, wow, great customer support from them.

The War Store emailed me to confirm my shipping details and such for my pre-order. This is above and beyond the normal email concerning "your order" the system produces. I was quite happy with that, replied back, and got an answer from Neil over there :)

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Update on my initial order with Miniature Marketplace: the item seems to be officially lost in the mail, and they just went ahead and issued me a refund because its now out of stock :(

Their customer service has been GREAT. Just my damn bad luck here... :(

Charles Green

Sorcerer of some Repute
Validated User
A few years ago, I started having trouble getting shipments from Miniature Market, after years of hassle-free delivery. Shipments would get all the way to my area, would be out for delivery, but would not make it to me, and eventually wound up back at Miniature Market.

Customer Service was as confused as I was; nothing they could see on their end would account for parcels making it to me, but not being delivered.

Eventually, I figured out what was happening: I had just moved, and when I updated my address, I listed my address as "12345 Such-and-Such place, #36". It turned out that the hastag in front of my apartment number was screwing with the computers they use to scan packages. After I changed my address to read "Apt. 36", I stopped having this issue, and started getting packages in a timely manner.

You might check your shipping address, and see if there is anything there that might be tripping up the process.

Chikahiro

Neo•Geo Fanboy
Validated User
Nah, it was right. It arrived in California, but never arrived in Hawai'i.

Still, they've been great about the whole thing :)

Top Bottom