• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

Looking to review your DM's Guild products

Willy Elektrix

Validated User
Hello! My brother and I are starting a roleplaying blog which you can visit here although there isn't much content right now. I want to write some reviews of DM's Guild products. If anyone has written an interesting product, I'd love to take a look at it and potentially write a review. Post a link here and I'll check it out. If the product has a cost, I obviously would prefer to get a free review copy.

5E stuff is preferable, but I'll read OSR stuff too.

I'm looking forward to seeing some cool stuff. Thanks!

Irennan

Validated User
Last edited:

Willy Elektrix

Validated User
You can review this document that I made, if you want: https://www.dmsguild.com/product/176361/The-Dark-Maiden-beckons-On-the-drow-goddess-Eilistraee-and-her-Faith?term=Eilistraee&test_epoch=0

It provides insight into an often overlooked aspect of the drow, offers a subclass for clerics, bards, and paladins, and a background. The subclasses are not playtested, but I adjusted them according to the feedback that I received (except the bard college, which is new).
Thanks! I'll check it out! If I post a review on the blog, I'll send you link.

I'm surprised there are so few replies to this thread. I thought I would be inundated with people looking to get eyes on their products.

Last edited:

Reynard

Validated User

I'm surprised there are so few replies to this thread. I thought I would be inundated with people looking to get eyes on their products.
If you haven't, try over at enworld.org too. That is a pretty significant D&D community.

LordEntrails

Mad Mage
Validated User

Speaking as a Guild author... and absolutely knowing nothing about you, the problem is that you don't have a demonstrable track record.

These requests/offers aren't totally uncommon, and unfortunately, some of the requests are just means to get free copies... NOT saying yours are. No way of knowing without a track record. I know, kind of a catch 22 :(

The other part, without a track record, people don't know what your reviews will be like. Rubber stamp 5 stars or never happy criteques, or...

All that said, here's one of my products that maybe be of interest to you; https://www.dmsguild.com/product/180749/Balance-Disturbed-BDC1

It's older and has been reviewed before, so I'm not risking much :) But if it helps, email me and I will send you a comp copy.

Also note, I think the link above was for the FB Fan Page, though a lot of the authors follow that group, you will get more attention in the Creator's Circle group; https://www.facebook.com/groups/1977612149124315/

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
There are many free and PWYW titles on DMsGuild that you could start reviewing to build up some content for your blog. That would be no cost to you and start showing your review style to other authors who might want to send you comps for reviews.

M

Proven Paradox

Validated User
I'll give you a chance once my current project is complete, but I agree with the other users here: You should take some of the random free stuff available on DMG and post some reviews. If it's on DMG for public download I think it's all fair game for review.

I'm about 2/3 done with a set of things I really want some feedback on, so I will pass you a copy before I upload it. Thing is, you're going to be a major source of feedback for me since my internal friend group has been flaking on my requests for second eyes. How open are you to edit reviews if the content changes based on your feedback?

Willy Elektrix

Validated User
Thanks for your replies folks! I have received a few links to products here, as well as in PM. I'll link the reviews here as I write them.

I'm not really looking to bash bad products. As a result, if I think a supplement is without any sort of merit, I'm not going to review it. The point is to generate publicity for good products.

Once I get some reviews going, this thread will probably generate some more responses.

Thanks again!

Top Bottom