• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC Looting the Lost Lands [RISUS]

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Spoiler: Show
In part because the group got knocked down to three, the only element I'm going to have for a roll here is to see how well Shazi does at it.

Steamgear CR first is 16. Roll is 21 so you create a new steam golem that is about average humanoid size.
Mage CR next, and it is an 11, your roll is 13, you have to fiddle a bit with your magic at times as the old machinery doesn't seem at times to want to accept the magic you are giving.

And finally, a combined CR for both. CR is 37, roll is 29.


The two of you watch as Shazi works quickly and efficiently, or as efficiently as he can with some of the parts, to construct a new golem. He has soon managed to construct something of about average humanoid height but still looks like it could take a bit of a beating before being knocked out. Once it's constructed he begins chanting a spell that includes words of the ancients here, weaving the magic into the machine.

It's 'eyes' light up and it begins to move... then freezes and it's eyes go dim. About seven seconds later it's eyes light back up and it moves some more and asks in Shazi's tongue "State designation for new unit" then it again goes dim for a few seconds before coming back to life.

"Error. Magical core has-- Instability-- Unit may not be fully-- operating at 43% efficiency."
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Shazi sighs and grumbles... "some of these parts are worn, others reject me... but it... is active..." He looks to the others...
 

BunBun299

Killer Rabbit
Validated User
"So, what can you do with it?" Sophia asks, as she keeps a modest distance from it, just in case.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
"So, what can you do with it?" Sophia asks, as she keeps a modest distance from it, just in case.
"To be frank, for now.... not much, in my own arcanium….. great terrible glorious things… with time we do not have at present that is..." he Sighs... "as of now... Fenrir here... is little more than a cargo carrier... until I can properly finish and repair it..." He smiles at the stuttering machine... "You, are Fenrir..." He holds up his metal hand, glowing with magic... "Bound to myself... if I die, so too shall you... serve well, and serve long..."
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
Fenrir takes about two minutes to acknowledge it's name, then informs you for optimal efficiency given current problems, it is rerouting all functions to serve, effectively, as you called it- a Cargo carrier. Which does mean now that it's functional (albeit only as such) you could have him carry a fair few more of the items found here to take back with you once you are finished in this crypt.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Shazi smiles... "I will finish you when we are returned from this adventure my familiar" He crosses his metal arm over his chest in a salute of sorts...

He looks to his comrades. "Now.... what shall we do?"
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
"We were asked to explore the sewers, find whatever we can, and then return to alert the guild," Hassan replies. "We could continue exploring the sewers, or we could call it a day and report back to the guild."

He checks a small clock on a chain to see what time it is, to decide whether to head on up, check the sewers some more, or whether they should camp in the sewers tonight.
 

RainbowSparkle91

Fluffy Goat Monster
Validated User
The clock shows that it is close to early evening, and that it is likely it will be growing darker outside soon enough. Given this area of the port is still ruins and mostly uninhabited, traveling through it at night is not advised.
 

shadowsaint007

So bear-y glad!
Validated User
The clock shows that it is close to early evening, and that it is likely it will be growing darker outside soon enough. Given this area of the port is still ruins and mostly uninhabited, traveling through it at night is not advised.
"Seems like we're going to have to spend the night here," Hassan speaks up with a sigh. "Let's find somewhere defensible and set up camp. I can take either second or last watch."

He starts looking for someplace clean dry, and easy to guard, where they can set up camp.
 

annakimly

Lost Deific Kitsune
Validated User
Shazi points to the room they're in... "It'd be harder to find a more defensible place than this vault..." He intones... "Close the doors… and watch."
 
Top Bottom