Lord of the Rings on Prime - Welcome to the Second Age

Eldy

If you try sometimes
Validated User
After long years, he's getting soft, getting old, and even if he still is decent in shape he knows it, so Sauron smiling, comes to his "old friend" who is sitting angrily in the corner of his practice room, after ordering his trainers out, because he just realized that they're holding back out of fear of hurting the old king. And now? Now is the time when Sauron whispers--"In Valinor, great king, there is no death..."
Which is worse: fear of death, or fear of the dadbod?

(Sorry. :p It is a good piece, I agree! And visually depicting Ar-Pharazôn's aging, especially in contrast to Sauron as an immortal, would be important.)

DarkStarling

Brilliantly Crazed
Validated User
Which is worse: fear of death, or fear of the dadbod?

(Sorry. :p It is a good piece, I agree! And visually depicting Ar-Pharazôn's aging, especially in contrast to Sauron as an immortal, would be important.)
Why not both? :p

And yeah, the Numenorean morbid obsession is going to be important to show in general and with him specifically.

I can even see either a montage or a set of scenes over a few seasons with time skips, of seeing him as a prisoner and how badly Sauron sitting there unchanged wears on him, as he ages from the young conqueror of the world.

JoeNotCharles

Validated User
Something to keep in mind however is that the map is very clearly mid-Second Age. Still 1500-2000 years to go to get to the Downfall of Numenor. So the show is much more likely to focus not on Numenor, but rather on Eregion: the making of the rings, Sauron's open declaration of mastery over every inhabitant of Middle-earth, and the war which follows.
I'm hoping the show jumps one or more generations every season so if they get their 6 seasons and a movie they can end on the downfall. That way they can keep the same actors for elves to emphasize how old they are.

dmakovec

Validated User
I'm hoping the show jumps one or more generations every season so if they get their 6 seasons and a movie they can end on the downfall. That way they can keep the same actors for elves to emphasize how old they are.
I’m really hoping that is something they do. Showing multiple maps changing over time hints that they might do a generational series, which I would love to see

I want Gwaith-I-Mirdain, the war of the elves and Sauron, the fall of numenor - that would take hundreds of years (or more?) and could showcase that the Numenoreans age, albeit slowly, while the elves and this beautiful captive do not

Top Bottom