• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

IC L'organisation CLAUDE dans "Le maquis a des yeux" - Fall of DELTA GREEN

tomas

Validated User
"Once anybody in the region sees us landing a second time at the same site they will know what we are doing and won't be much fooled by a diversion. Time will be be against us and we better pray that helicopter doesn't get hit."

bikewrench

section de reconnaissance
Validated User
"Once anybody in the region sees us landing a second time at the same site they will know what we are doing and won't be much fooled by a diversion. Time will be be against us and we better pray that helicopter doesn't get hit."
"OK, then let's get marching. Same bombing and diversionary tactics towards the southern end of the ridgeline, after we bomb the chateux."
"We won't bomb up the whole river it's too long."

"Recce section leads the legionairres, Senegalese and Tonkin rifles NW until we are even with LZ E from my drawing. The we turn due West"
"The Dinassault boats stay on the river just North of the feeder river entrance until after the grunts are in position."
"After we begin recces of the antenna farm area, the boats will move up the feeder river to inspect the bombed out southern end."

pstjmack

Validated User
"OK, then let's get marching. Same bombing and diversionary tactics towards the southern end of the ridgeline, after we bomb the chateux."
"We won't bomb up the whole river it's too long."

"Recce section leads the legionairres, Senegalese and Tonkin rifles NW until we are even with LZ E from my drawing. The we turn due West"
"The Dinassault boats stay on the river just North of the feeder river entrance until after the grunts are in position."
"After we begin recces of the antenna farm area, the boats will move up the feeder river to inspect the bombed out southern end."
"I'll come with you on the march," Hamon volunteers. "I'd rather have a first-hand look at what's going on up there, and I want to bring my best men."

OOC: Hamon actually wants to keep an eye on the others, after all the earlier disputes over the Unnatural devices. Plus, he thinks Vinh will be a valuable guide, and isn't sure how well the veteran regards the other blancs.

Iustum

RPGnet Newsletter Editor
RPGnet Member
Validated User
Fayolle

Fayolle continues to wait for the officers to figure out what orders to give to the rest of the men.

tomas

Validated User
"I'll come with you on the march," Hamon volunteers. "I'd rather have a first-hand look at what's going on up there, and I want to bring my best men."
"With all due respect, you're a naval man and the only one among us who can maintain our flotilla," Kurt pointed out in a blunt tone. "Should there be a situation with the boats or changes needing to be made you need to be there to make sure things are done right. After all, without those boats to get us out we are in deep shit."

bikewrench

section de reconnaissance
Validated User
OOC: Just posting to reset my bookmarks. Tomas wtf?

pstjmack

Validated User
"With all due respect, you're a naval man and the only one among us who can maintain our flotilla," Kurt pointed out in a blunt tone. "Should there be a situation with the boats or changes needing to be made you need to be there to make sure things are done right. After all, without those boats to get us out we are in deep shit."
"I have as much experience of sorties like this as any man here," Hamon replies stiffly. "And if I buy it, the one duty of the other sailors will be to get you all home. Death of the ranking officer should be sufficient ground to wrap up the entire operation. And I daresay our benefactor here will be able to organize more floatplanes and eggbeaters to extract you."

tomas

Validated User
Kurt stood silent for a minute and then replied, "I was neither questioning your bravery nor your experience. Rather I simply pointed out that the flotilla is a vital lifeline and none of us have any experience with boats. If you feel I have questioned either then I apologize."

tutunaku

Be Seeing You
Validated User
Above, while the sun continues its own march, the RKAF flight makes long, languid circles after having dropped smoke. The long plumes list slightly to the northeast, affected by a very subtle breeze.

Soon from the southeast a pair of Invaders in Aernonavale livery streak into view.

Their first target is the remains of the cursed plantation. Eight thousand pounds of explosive level the place, and perhaps illusory, but it feels as if a pall is lifted.

tutunaku

Be Seeing You
Validated User
The first pair hits the ridge-line targets with their remaining bombs, and launch salvos of rockets for good measure, enough to start a moderate forest fire one one of the hilltops.

The Jake is now airborne and is on station to observe any activity.

As the first pair of Invaders flies away they communicate the second pair is inbound; ETA ten minutes.

The pair of Cambodian biplanes flies close to the ridge, filming, and taking stock of the effects of the bombing run. Suddenly, the leading aircraft veers erratically toward the east, rear machine gun chattering. Over the radio, the crew is hysterical, ranting about intense heat and a giant worm breaching the earth to engulf the moons in the sky.

Weaving like a dying bird, the plane makes a path straight for the river - looking to be on a direct course to impact La Reine de Saigon.

Top Bottom