• The Infractions Forum is available for public view. Please note that if you have been suspended you will need to open a private/incognito browser window to view it.

[LOTR] The One Ring rpg to be a boxed set.

Saz

Banned
Angus just responded on the Cubicle 7 forums to a question regarding the core product; apparently it will be a box set. :D

I only hope its full color with as few fiddly bits as possible.

VictorC

I kick trolls
Validated User
I haven't been following this story as much as I would like to. Is there a tentative release date for this yet?

Frohawken

See ya.
Man, this is awesome. Just last year, everyone was saying the box set was as dead as a doornail and no one would ever make one again. Now they're everywhere.

Asen_G

#3 Anti-Illusionism Squad
Validated User
Man, this is awesome. Just last year, everyone was saying the box set was as dead as a doornail and no one would ever make one again. Now they're everywhere.
Apparently, they haven't read the threads;).

Or people were just wrong about it. It happens.

Elvish Lore

Hello!
Validated User
Here I am crossing my fingers that there's no 'special dice' or cards necessary for play.

Pack it full of great maps.

Please don't give me a board-game hybrid.

Matt-M-McElroy

What Are You Afraid Of?
Validated User
Here I am crossing my fingers that there's no 'special dice' or cards necessary for play.

Pack it full of great maps.

Please don't give me a board-game hybrid.
Seconded.

I was pretty happy with the Dr. Who box, so I'm thinking C7 will make this one rock.

-Matt

Asen_G

#3 Anti-Illusionism Squad
Validated User
Specially those about WHFRPG 3... Otherwise they would know that boxes mean boardgames, not rpgs...
Sure they mean just that. Look at that Dragon Age boardgame:D!

Granted, I'm not a fan of special dice and cards either, but it's just my preference, not because I think it makes it a boardgame;).

The Wyzard

An overwhelming surplus of diggity
Staff member
Administrator
RPGnet Member
Validated User
I'm sure it'll be a fine game. They haven't dropped the ball yet.

Top Bottom