• Don't link to the video of the Christchurch shooting, or repost links to the shooter's manifesto.

LPers that actually enjoy the games they play?

Huntar

Validated User
Thanks for all the recommendations, everyone. I'll definitely have enough to check out for a while now, but feel free to keep them coming. Honestly, I'm really glad that there's so many options for people who would like to see people do things they like.

AliasiSudonomo

Trying to be a bird
Validated User
If you aren't already into him, I might suggest Northernlion although he rarely does horror games - replayable random games like Binding of Isaac, Slay the Spire, and Darkest Dungeon are his bread and butter. If he dislikes a game, he just doesn't play it.

Knaight

Validated User
I'd recommend Marbozir; outside of the occasional lets try he generally likes the games he plays. Plus while I don't know his politics I haven't seen any indication that he's from the asshole side of gaming.

Chris Waffle King

Whiskey-Fueled Crank
Validated User
Umm...i don't know if it's gauche to self-promote, but i do LittleBigPlanet community levels LPs/reviews, and a lot...really too much...Binding of Isaac (now in English as well!) because i just love those games, so there's not very much in the way of complaining. Been doing streams of well, a lot of stuff really. Working through Yakuza 0 now, and that's been a hoot. There've been a few games i've streamed that i have been a bit complain-y about (Axiom Verge and Deathroad to Canada come to mind). But generally streaming itself tends to be fun enough to keep things light.

manwhat

Formerly 'buggritall'
RPGnet Member
Validated User
The highest quality Let's Plays tend to be from the SomethingAwful community (although dissatisfaction with SA ownership as well as attempts to be more inclusive has had some of them move to LP.Zone) and most of the good stuff is archived on https://lparchive.org/ .

LPers of note for horror would be davidspackage, who did stuff like Amnesia or SOMA, VoidBurger who has covered much of the Silent Hill series (although she's not a fan of every game), and Niggurath aka iconoclast187 who has covered a slew of horror games. CJacobs has done a wide variety of games, some of which are horror. Finally, Geop and supergreatfriend both tend to do weirder horror games, and supergreatfriend's runs of Deadly Premonition and Illbleed are both worth checking out.

For the most part all of these people have played the game before (any 'blind' runs are clearly marked) and so they play the game with skill and the intent to show off as much of it to the viewer, instead of crappy blind runs with scarecams. All of the above don't record their faces at all.

Pyrephox

Sheepish
Validated User
Phallll! He doesn't have any new LPs and hasn't for a while (and I am so sad about this), but he did blind LPs of horror games, and he's just a great, positive, funny guy who's willing to engage with the game and poke fun at his occasional failures. One of my favorite LPers about anything.

Spiritbw

Was a curious coyote, now a feudal feline.
Validated User
Not much for Horror but Gopher does LPs of runs in a number of. Bethesda games. I like him as he tends to get and stay in character during his play throughs.

Strange Visitor

Grumpy Grognard
Validated User
I'd recommend Marbozir; outside of the occasional lets try he generally likes the games he plays. Plus while I don't know his politics I haven't seen any indication that he's from the asshole side of gaming.
Christopher Odd also seems to genuinely enjoy what he plays, and occasionally does horror games. The aforementioned Splattercat will do one once in a while, too.

Chucky

Chupa-thingy
Validated User
Christopher Odd also seems to genuinely enjoy what he plays, and occasionally does horror games. The aforementioned Splattercat will do one once in a while, too.
I don't watch Christopher Odd anymore, nothing big I was just following too many people, but he definitely is a guy who likes what he plays, or maybe just plays what he likes. Either way he's generally enthusiastic about them.

Top Bottom