[LTTP] No Man's Sky - what do I need to know?

KaijuGooGoo

Not Woke until I’ve had my Coffee
RPGnet Member
Validated User
But I want to re-emphasize that the reason not to sell all of these is that they are useful in ongoing gameplay, and their usefulness strongly outweighs the money you will get for selling them, not that they are necessarily super hard to find.
True. Cadmium/Indium/Emeril can be a pain to get a hold of, but those aren't needed for a while. Pyrite is a bit more difficult than some of the other base materials, though.

Random Goblin

Esquire
Validated User
Pyrite is a bit more difficult than some of the other base materials, though.
Yes, because Pyrite is mostly on desert worlds which are harder to find, but does Pyrite do that much that Tritium doesn't do? And Tritium is super easy to get in any system.

KaijuGooGoo

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Yes, because Pyrite is mostly on desert worlds which are harder to find, but does Pyrite do that much that Tritium doesn't do? And Tritium is super easy to get in any system.
It's a lot more efficient than Tritium for Pulse Engines, and it frees up my Tritium for Frigate Fuel, but you can get by without it. Likewise, you can get by with Ion Batteries to recharge Hazard Protection Modules, but you can only store 5 in a slot.

Dropkicker

Part Time Dilettante
Validated User
Thanks KGG.

You need it to make Hydrothermal Fuel Cells to power your Nautilon submarine. But it's super plentiful in the water so I wouldn't hoard it. Or do, but leave it in your Nautilon.
Has anyone done the whole Nautilon storyline? What's it like? I kinda dropped it after I got tired of running around resource gathering to build its basic capabilities.

KaijuGooGoo

RPGnet Member
Validated User
You need it to make Hydrothermal Fuel Cells to power your Nautilon submarine. But it's super plentiful in the water so I wouldn't hoard it. Or do, but leave it in your Nautilon.
I happened to build my submarine base last week in an area with no Cyto-Phosphate plants nearby, so I may still be a bit sore over that. Also, mining Cyto-Phosphate bearing plants seems to produce those Abyssal Jellyfish.

KaijuGooGoo

RPGnet Member
Validated User
Thanks KGG.

Has anyone done the whole Nautilon storyline? What's it like? I kinda dropped it after I got tired of running around resource gathering to build its basic capabilities.

I finished it last night. You eventually use the Nautilon sensor to detect and visit some underwater wrecks and bases and read log entries, where the main threats are the Abyssal Horrors near the buildings. You get some building plans for underwater structures and eventually a diving helmet option for your character appearance.

Top Bottom